Upgrading RAM

Hello friends.. I have a office system with Pentium G2020 and 4gb DDR3 RAM. I have some performance issue so i planned to add another 4gb ram to the existing setup. So, I have ordered the same DDR3 RAM from amazon. Today i received the RAM. I found few defference in the existing RAM and the new RAM.

Existing RAM :
Corsair ValueSelect - CMV4GX3M1A1600C11
Tested Latency - 11-11-11-30
Tested Voltage - 1.5V

New RAM :
Corsair ValueSelect - CMV4GX3M1C1600C11
Tested Latency - 11-11-11-28
Tested Voltage - 1.35V

Though I ordered RAM with same serial no. , the supplier sent me a different RAM. Will this both work together? Can i combine and use both this RAM to work in dual channel mode?
Or i should return this and get same as in existing setup??

Kindly help me with this..

Thank you

I think you can use in dual channel as the ram capacity and the bus speed alone will matter. I don't think timings will prevent dual channelling but you have to Google and find out..

It should work. But will run at 1.5V, since its running in mixed memory configuration. If it does not work, run only the 4GB RAM.

Secondly, you may experience some BSODs, due to the mismatched timings. But these should be rare.

I'm confused now.. Please suggest if i should use it or return it!! and get either RAM with same part no. or ssd!!

What is your budget ?

4GB RAM stick should cost ~3K; total expense = 12K

128GB SSD costs ~4K; total expense = 16K

If this fits in, return RAM and get SSDs. Put OS and frequently used applications on SSD and regular data on HDD. You should notice difference day and night with this setup.

There should be no major issues with your setup. However, I can understand the apprehensions. So, I would suggest the following:

1) Return the RAM and order this one. Link
2) Install the RAM in your system and see if performance issues have been alleviated or not
3) If not, then buy an SSD also. 120GB SSDs cost about 4k, 250GB SSDs cost about 7K, etc.

Back