Budget 0-20k UPS for iMac 27

3dsugar

Disciple
I am planning to buy iMac 27 in few days.

Please suggest me a UPS for it... I don't need back up time. UPS with minimum backup time is enough. I just don't want to connect it directly to power point.

Thanks in advance :)

APC Back-UPS Pro BR1000G

The iMac has a built in 310-350W psu inside. The 500VA-650VA ups all are just around 300-330W max load and the ups will shut down in less than a minute (probably few seconds if battery is not fully charged in between power cuts) even on a full battery if you buy one of those. So i did not recommend any 600VA or around that mark ups. This 1000VA rating ups will give you at least 15 minutes to finish up work or wait till the power comes back on instead of rushing to switch off pc. You could even attach a printer and take prints off quickly if you want if there's no power. (Ups companies say connecting printer is not recommended, but i've had to take photocopies in a pinch when there was no power and it works).

APC Back-UPS Pro BR1000G

The iMac has a built in 310-350W psu inside. The 500VA-650VA ups all are just around 300-330W max load and the ups will shut down in less than a minute (probably few seconds if battery is not fully charged in between power cuts) even on a full battery if you buy one of those. So i did not recommend any 600VA or around that mark ups. This 1000VA rating ups will give you at least 15 minutes to finish up work or wait till the power comes back on instead of rushing to switch off pc. You could even attach a printer and take prints off quickly if you want if there's no power. (Ups companies say connecting printer is not recommended, but i've had to take photocopies in a pinch when there was no power and it works).

All right. So you recommend 1000 VA UPS is fine for iMac 27. Any particular model suggestion?
Thanks

Even that model will work for your usage.

Lot of complaints about the back ups model lineup in this forum. From battery dying to whole unit being replaced more than twice. Seems Back UPS model line is low quality now.

Even this Pro model seems to have issues and unhelpful APC service. Just wait for someone else to recommend some other UPS model.

I had desktop about 3 years back and I had used 2 APC UPS for 7 years. Both UPS had button issue after 2 years. Last UPS was acting just as surge protector for 2 years out of its 4 years' tenure.

I remember people getting CyberPower UPS back then. Not sure how that brand have fared

I remember people getting CyberPower UPS back then. Not sure how that brand have fared

CyberPower has 1 star ratings on Amazon now. Even I was thinking of buying it when it was cheaper than APC ups but didn't. Now suddenly its price went so high its costlier than APC and people don't seem to have a good experience with it.

Only other brand of UPS i have my eye on is Emerson Leibert. They don't have a big range though. Most of time they are priced high.

Back