Audio UPS Home Inverter

EHH

Disciple
My vintage 750va non-ups inverter died yesterday. Want to buy a Home UPS 750-900va which can run on a Single battery (have exide invasafe). Important: The Inverter should also work as UPS so that the PC doesnt shut off during powercut, the switchover should be fast enough. I don't want to buy a separate UPS for PC. If anyone is using / has experience regarding the same, kindly suggest a model/manufacturer.

My vintage 750va non-ups inverter died yesterday. Want to buy a Home UPS 750-900va which can run on a Single battery (have exide invasafe). Important: The Inverter should also work as UPS so that the PC doesnt shut off during powercut, the switchover should be fast enough. I don't want to buy a separate UPS for PC. If anyone is using / has experience regarding the same, kindly suggest a model/manufacturer.
https://www.flipkart.com/luminous-z...=hp&ppn=hp&ssid=r2nzvxknpc0000001571649595667

Transformers is one of the most important components in designing inverters. Luminous uses FSW (Foil Stripped winding) Technology in making transformers, The foil used are made of Aluminium strips.

Switch over time needs to be less than 3ms if you want to run a computer off an inverter. Most home ups do switch over in 10ms which is enough to reboot the pc.

Switch over time needs to be less than 3ms if you want to run a computer off an inverter. Most home ups do switch over in 10ms which is enough to reboot the pc.
Thats a problem. Read somewhere that if the voltage range is set to narrow range like 180-220V the UPS Inverter takes over as soon as the Voltage falls below 180V, even b4 the main power is cutoff. Maybe somebody who is using such setup succesfully can throw some light.

Thats a problem. Read somewhere that if the voltage range is set to narrow range like 180-220V the UPS Inverter takes over as soon as the Voltage falls below 180V, even b4 the main power is cutoff. Maybe somebody who is using such setup succesfully can throw some light.

The Zelio UPS linked above says it does switch over in 1ms. I have doubts about it though. It's faster than most computer UPS.

The Zelio UPS linked above says it does switch over in 1ms. I have doubts about it though. It's faster than most computer UPS.
Review here says it works with PC's without shutdown. It's for the non-wifi model but i think it applies for the wifi one too.

As for proper reviews on the wifi model i found a decent one on FK. Particularly on the app..

5* Best in the market!

Product is very good. Highly recommend to go for it. All features are mostly on par with what is described by the manufacturer, including the tech specs.

Special cons noticed - the only glitch with the unit itself is the wi-fi router should not far away from the router, maybe max about 20 feet away with walls in between. In this scenario the signal keeps dropping, else if the router is closer signal does not drop.

The other con , is in the app itself... all features do not work consistently

- the notifications sometimes come sometimes don't,
- the weekly reporting graph does not work,
- the inverter status does not pop up automatically when the power goes,
- the app reloads every time we go to another app (like sms) and come back - observed on many phones.

Also, please note from my experience the OTP does not come fast and is delayed when to be received over vodafone/bsnl + other networks is very fast .

Now the specific pros:
1) Product by itself as an inverter is very good, with wifi capability it adds value.

2) The app shares status of the inverter on the local (LAN) network status in real time- splendid. The app shares the status of the inverter in remote location (wan-3g or 4g) in intermittently but not real time, maybe an hour or few hours delay and its status is known via remote location. This works...tested.

3) App allows to add up to 5 people to know the status of the inverter. Which is very good. I have added 5 people, but checked with 3 people simultaneously logging in on lan/wan...excellent.

4) App allows you to do drain test on the battery remotely which is also a good feature ( to be tested) .

In summary , a very good product- app needs improvement which they have to do and the customer needs patience (hopefully the improvements should happen faster) .Inverter is very good as an inverter. Seller is recommended.

Background: i am an electronics engineer with expertise in similar fields. i have used this product extensively for over 2 weeks with different scenarios(batteries + smf/flat plate and tubular, various load simulations/ testing equipment and meters/ logging reports and parameters... before writing this review.

vik
Certified Buyer, Bengaluru 4 months ago

Why the OTP gets delayed is a mystery if on Vodafone or BSNL but not other networks presumably Airtel ?

Last edited:
@blr_p , probably because of bad network. Vodafone, BSNL both have bad network in a lot of places. I've seen a lot of times that otp does not come for 10-15 minutes even when the otp is from a bank or credit card gateway. Thankfully you get otp through email too. Even their voice quality is subpar now. Vodafone was interested in milking money and BSNL didn't have money. Both lag in 3g/4g now.

@blr_p , probably because of bad network. Vodafone, BSNL both have bad network in a lot of places. I've seen a lot of times that otp does not come for 10-15 minutes even when the otp is from a bank or credit card gateway. Thankfully you get otp through email too. Even their voice quality is subpar now. Vodafone was interested in milking money and BSNL didn't have money. Both lag in 3g/4g now.
BSNL has last mile connectivity but ground reality is that lethargy did for BSNL.
Jio also has last mile connectivity but they are doing excellent work.
Why?

This is curious as if you can receive a voice call or make one then you should be able to receive SMS. Yes ?

In fact even if the connection was marginal SMS should get though where voice might not.

10 - 15 min for an OTP to arrive from the bank ? this has to be due to congestion.

Not possible to use net banking in that case. There is only a minute before it times out.

Back