Video [urgent] Airtel TV issue. SM2 Installation error

raksrules

Elite
I am facing issues with my airtel digital TV since afternoon wherein i get an error screen as soon as i turn on the TV.
I am get the SM2, error in installation error message on TV screen.
Airtel people told me to keep STB ON for 30 minutes which i did (for over an hour) bit problem is not yet rectified.
It seems they have migrated me to the newer satellite after i had made (and eventually cancelled) my movies now channel request. The dish at my place is located in such a way that it cannot be moved. But it seems from their end they have put me in SM2 and hence i have stopped receiving any signals.
I cannot call the customer care as after punching my customer id all i get is an IVR saying "SMS CALL TO some number for account related issues". I am not able to get through any real person.
Have put it on airtel presence on twitter but no response.
Have put on consumercourt.in forum but no response (they are responding other threads) :mad:
What should i do ??
Can anyone give me the phone number / email address of their nodal officer whom i can contact ??

Cannot dump airtel as i live in a rented apartment and this connection is given by my owner.

Am sure you tried this....

North Hub : 0124 4448080

East Hub : 033 44448080

West Hub : 020 44448080

South Hub : 080 44448080

mailto:digitalTV@airtel.in

I guess you would need to go to one of their kiosks/relationship centers.

Looks like those CC idiots have committed a technology blunder!

SM stands for Satellite Migration.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get the signals from new satellite(SES 7) without moving the dish! They cannot migrate you to new sat from their end just with software update without moving the dish! Whats happening now in your case is, your dish is pointing towards INSAT(Airtel's Old satellite) but trying to get the signals from SES!

Call the customer care from NON registered number and tell those dumbos that your dish is not moved!!

^^ I am calling them constantly and they tell me they are connecting to agent but i end up holding the line for 15+ minutes before the call gets automatically disconnected :mad:

Super frustrated

And yes what you said is 100% correct about the blunder they have committed.

Worst service and CC from airtel. I want to knock their nuts.

Tell me more ways to make my voice heard to those %$#holes

Aaawh man. They moved your uplink to the new SAT, but have not moved the physical dish+LNB. What the heck..! :(

Finally it seems they have corrected the issue.

The stupid CC who told me yesterday that he will provide tech support did not actually do anything. The other CC told me that.

Now he has put me to old satellite and TV is working.

Hope nothing else happens now.

They did same to me, I called them, explained the problem and waited for few hours.

When the problem is not rectified , sent a mail and they rectified it next day.

^^Problem resolved. The first CC guy was total jerk and as i was explaining the issue he cut the phone. :mad:
The other time i called, i explain the problem and told them what to do and problem resolved in 15 min.
I will never ever in my life take airtel digital tv at my home.

I am having this problem from past 3-days. As all of you said i was watching TV between 4-5 pm. Suddenly i got the error message. I already sent them mail still didnt get nay response. Please help me what to do? I haven't upgraded my channel pack. Our Neighbor also has also have airtel connection with same dish. They are not having any problem with it. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

^ go to the place from where you got the dish and ask their guy to realign to new satellite. i think they will take 150 bucks or so.

Back