Urgent. Dead ONU, need replacement

Hey fellas, I use Alliance broadband and today evening the ONU device just went dead. So no connection. Contacted the LCO and that greedy piece of sod is asking 2600 for the same. I can't afford anything remotely of that cost ATM. So my question is, can I purchase some cheap ONU, which will be totally compatible with this type of broadband? My technical knowledge is less than zero but here I am providing two photos of the ONU which went dead.

If you guys can suggest a cheap replacement device from the above photos it will be really appreciated.

Right now, with all the wfh etc. demand, getting a fiber modem, no matter what type is a real shitshow. under 1k devices are being sold for 2-3k. Your onu appears to be an epon type. which is different from a gpon.

this might work: https://www.netlinkict.com/shop/gep...-onu/gepon-onu-netlink-1ge-secure-onuv2801se/

also try indiamart.
Thanks dude. I've enquired about the Alliance compatibility and waiting for the reply back.
These products are widely available on aliex right? Like the good models like huwaei etc.? But the main question is, is aliex shipping products to India?

Well, you wanted a cheap option and i think the netlink one is one of the cheapest i've seen online. Don't know about their shipping etc. though.

Regular sites don't sell these because forget mass market, they're not even a niche product. They're usually provided by the ISP. For example, i think jio uses gpon instead of (g)epon. if a customer buys an epon box and then argues with jio why it doesn't work with their olt, it's too much of a pita. but this could change moving forward. I think right at the start mtnl etc were the only option for adsl modems. i dont think a customer even had the option of buying one from the market and using it with the adsl line. maybe if he imported it or sth. the point is, as ftth becomes more prevalent, there's a possibility these devices could be too.

Well, you wanted a cheap option and i think the netlink one is one of the cheapest i've seen online. Don't know about their shipping etc. though.

Regular sites don't sell these because forget mass market, they're not even a niche product. They're usually provided by the ISP. For example, i think jio uses gpon instead of (g)epon. if a customer buys an epon box and then argues with jio why it doesn't work with their olt, it's too much of a pita. but this could change moving forward. I think right at the start mtnl etc were the only option for adsl modems. i dont think a customer even had the option of buying one from the market and using it with the adsl line. maybe if he imported it or sth. the point is, as ftth becomes more prevalent, there's a possibility these devices could be too.
Thank you, understood. I actually tried to order the netlink one, but like you guessed, no shipping mode available for my place. By the way, that was the price exclusive of GST, anyway still cheap.
Now I am checking through Indiamart site, which is a first time experience form as I didn't about this site, and changed location to Kolkata and I found this one which looks fine: https://www.indiamart.com/aktelecomkolkata/active-devices.html#onu

But that seller is over 25 kms away from me and from the looks of it looks like they don't ship products or anything of the sort. Will call them tomorrow and confirm the same. Thanks again.

Damn, i was planning to order from that site as a last resort. The lco isn't even giving a connection citing shortage of onus.

looks like they're only doing kerala. 932 bucks hmm...
Post automatically merged:

Netlink ICT Pvt Ltd.,
1A Malanga Lane
Ground Floor
Kolkata 700012
Mail us: marketing@netlinkict.com
Phone: +91 8343812451
Phone: +91 8343812452
Phone: +91 9732546288

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, i was planning to order from that site as a last resort. The lco isn't even giving a connection citing shortage of onus.

looks like they're only doing kerala. 932 bucks hmm...
Post automatically merged:

Netlink ICT Pvt Ltd.,
1A Malanga Lane
Ground Floor
Kolkata 700012
Mail us: marketing@netlinkict.com
Phone: +91 8343812451
Phone: +91 8343812452
Phone: +91 9732546288
Called the first number. Epon ONU not available with them at the moment. Stocks come from Kerala to Calcutta (so you might be in luck) and I was asked to call next Saturday. Price quoted was 800 plus GST. Warranty of 3 years.

First time in life living without internet. Anything else left to experience i wonder!

From what I've read gepon and epon are the same. Gpon is different.

I think the ones with e have native Ethernet. The gpon has to translate from a different standard to Ethernet.

Back