Urgent: help me buy southbridge HSF for msi k8n neo4 platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave

ex-Mod
want to buy a heatsink and fan thats compatible with msi k8n neo4 platinum sli motherboard urgently, can transfer cash straightaway, or point me to a place where I can purchase it online, an indian website mind you and not some frozencpu or sidewinders or something

need it very urgently so PM me

Are you looking for this
MSICloseup.jpg

i have some thing like this from Asus A8n SLI Deliex but the fan has gone "kaput" if it's usefull to you can give it for free..shipping is yours..

rakesh_sharma23 said:
Are you looking for this
MSICloseup.jpg

i have some thing like this from Asus A8n SLI Deliex but the fan has gone "kaput" if it's usefull to you can give it for free..shipping is yours..

yup, thats exactly what am looking for, would be great if you can pass it on, lemme know howmuch the shipping costs to hyd, PM me

others, if there is a better solution do lemme know as the above fan is prone to dying again..

err, then not much use to me with a dead fan, even i have the above heatsink but the fan is dead :(

Try to contact MSI tech support India and ask for a replacement.

I have a MSI Neo4 Platinum, the chipset fan had conked off when it was under warranty, I contacted tech support and they offered the fan without checking the warranty. I collected the fan from their office in NP, delhi.

put an 80mm fan or get a small fan from any internal hdd enclosure you might have lying around.

problem is that fixing a fan on it wont be possible coz then i wont be able to instal the gfx card, will give MSI ppl a message although its pretty old so i seriously doubt i'll get a replacement

^ Why didn't you PM me? :S

I seriously came here hoping to be able to help you and you had indeed called for me- which sense would that be? :O

I am unable to promise anything but will surely try my best. :)

First of all, stop using that rig without SB cooling asap.

People have ignored and have ended up with fully dead or partly/hardly functional mobos. :(

The ASUS one doesn't fit msi iirc, not sure now.

Have a lot of DFI ones but none has a fan but obviously- Sunon whiners on sterioids- had to die eventually, some even flying off while in use. :rofl:

Have a few passive ones too- maybe useful but depends on the gpu used.

What gpu do you use on that?

Please PM me a pic of your mobo with the gpu seated. :)

Next, measure the distance between the 2 holes and let me know.

Will dig in my junkyard and hopefully find something suitable for you.

Else will have to look for cheap stuff on DX or pricier stuff on NE/SW. :ashamed:

I am bumping this thread for help I need. I have the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo. The northbridge comes with the fan which Rakesh_Sharma has linked to. The fan is dead on my board and it just does not let me use the system which runs my Windows Home Server.

What are my options to replace the fan? Will there be any passive heatsink which can replace this fan. This fan generally stops working every few months due to dust and I have to give it a cleaning. Now its completely dead. Please help guys.

approach ASUS/MSi i got my chipset fan changed directly from asus's service center and was charged 150rs for the chipset fan it came with 2 months warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back