Camera urgent help- need a budget P&S for basic photogarphy

MohitPreet

Skilled
guys i m buying a digicam for the first time , since now i have only used the film reel cameras or my nokia n73 ,

looking for a budget camera in the price range of 4-6K which has good picture quality

1.eBay India: Nikon Coolpix L21 + 2GB SD + Battery Charger+Case (item 180563268766 end time 19-Oct-2010 21:26:27 IST)

2. eBay India: Canon PowerShot A495 Digital Camera With Warranty (item 180565196594 end time 30-Sep-2010 17:44:01 IST)

3. eBay India: FUJI AV100 Digital Camera with 12MP and HD recording (item 120621505540 end time 14-Oct-2010 17:47:40 IST)

or any other suitable budget camera which u guys can recommend like sony, olympus, panasonic

i wanted to buy the highly acclaimed panasonic Lz10 but its no longer available anywhere ,

i am willing to buy any used Lz 10 from her if any member is wiling to sell

anyways please recommend me the best cam out of the above 3 or any other similar kind

i have heard some god reviews about the canonA495 as well , but its costly and if somebody can tell if its good buy at the moment vis a vis features and picture quality compared to fuji av100 and nikon l21

type of usage is basic photography , family pictures , b'day parties and other family get togethers

am ready to buy expensive camera out of my budget upto 8k also if its that good , other wise max till 6k :p

Go for Canon A495.. decent one :hap2:

Not used Nikon L21 personally, but had not heard any great stuff about nikon L21..
However, I guess some members would be willing to sell it here.. many got it free from ebay...:eek:hyeah:

I am a sucker for Fuji cams... very vfm. My first 3 cams were fuji..never disappoint. first one was a 2 MP one. *sigh*

Get the fuji. :)

I used my friend's fujifilm av100. And beleive me mate, it was really worth. I like the pics clicked by it. And also 720p video recording is also and advantage.
If your budget is somewhere around 4k then fuji film av100 is highly recommended.

MohitPreet said:
and how is canon A480 compared to A495?? and where does fuji av100 stand amongst these 2
A495 is newer version of A480. A480 are not in production AFAIK. A495 has some more features over A480 like auto focus without pressing the shutter button and date and time stamping in photos. My friend got A495 for 4.6k from ebay using Vodafone coupon.

^^ yes budget is around 4-6k , and the fuji av100 cam alone plus pouch is around 3800 , so i think i shud be getting this or the more expensive canon A495 around 5k as it has 4x optical zoom compared to fuji's 3x ,

is it any disadvantage or chalega :p , for my needs ??

and anyone who can give me a vodafone coupon i need a cam urgently and i m on a tight budget, first time i have asked for a ebay coupon :p , otherwise i have only given them :bleh:

so please help me any generous vodafone mumbai user

thanks

Mate.. get the fuji.. its worth it.

I am telling you, for the price they offer, its all ways extremely worth it. and 1x optical zoom may not affect you that much.

but yea 1x optical zoom is very useful. but u need a p&s with good qlty pics right. then i say get the fuji. for the extra cash get

batteries, pouch, mem card and all.

ashvarybabul said:
Never used Fuji (except one of friend, which really sucked)... But good to find that they are making good cameras :)
fuji never sucked , infact it makes very good cameras ,

anyways the reviews of the fuji av100 are mixed as expected of any budget camera like this and i guess it wud more than suffice me

\

and one thing more this camera freezes during 720P video recording as written by many users and said it can be fixed by a firmware update , - any pointers to this particular thing for all those who have used this cam!!

m-jeri said:
^^

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:..

fuji sucks??.. i hate you. period.

My friend's and my cousin's did sucked..

my friend had some lower end superzoom didnt remember the model..(however it was cheaper comparatively)

cousin use some Z series one... big time sucker.. I hated using it :p

I have used 1 fuji vanilla 2 MP cam with 3x.. then a 5 or 6 MP with 5x..or was it 4x..

then the s1000 i think for a very long time... all were just nice....

And i can give feedback from lot of fuji users i know...

MohitPreet said:
^ any particular thing which u didnt like in those fuji cams like pic quality or wat!!
Ofcourse Image quality... :bleh: what else is to be cared about in the end for a photographer

BTW, I m not concluding that fuji sucks.. just telling my experience..

hmm.... Well i am not a authority to say... abt 60% of my pics were taken on fujis alone.. and a say quite a large share 25% or so in a canon sx120IS...

honestly i havent found a visible difference. All are JPEG's alone... maybe to the trained eye they will be.

Anyways my vote for ur first cam is fuji... especially for the price and features it offer. and on the same hand.. check if some online pics are available to check.

if it satisfies you.. then nothing like it. in the end its you who have to be happy. :)

Yeah!! checking some samples will be a good option...

moreover, going to some shop and checking the cameras and taking samples (bring them back to home) will be a good option too... I often used to do to kill time :eek:hyeah: All U need is to carry a memory card of yours..

^^

by taking samples did u mean clicking the photos?..

Dear god where u folks live??...

here in tvm they dont even open the cover. :(

i went to a local shop here in amritsar yesterday fuji av100 looks good , but he was quoting 5k for that with 2gb card and pouch , i alo liked the canon SX120IS , he showed me its huge with 10x zoom and the AA cells which i liked main thing :p

@mjeri : hows that cam since u seem to own it

and my dad is obsessed with sony wat to do , he says get a sony cam with li-ion battery , any good decent cams upto 10k in sony preferably or canon ??

daddyji's like sony and i hate it :p , suggestions wud be welcome though

Back