Urgent: Need a graphics card

Checksum

Skilled
So my old MSI 8800GTS conked off. I'm looking for a replacement. I don't game much these days, so a lower-mid range card will do. My only requirement is it should play TF2 @ 1440*900. If it can handle more recent games at that res, it will be a bonus.

I was thinking about the 1GB 4670 which comes around 4.5k. Is that good enough, or are there any better options? Also, which brand do I go in for?

Price: Under 5k.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

If you are OK with a second hard card, you can get a 4850 512MB with some pending warranty for under 5k.

Brands - Sapphire, Gigabyte, MSI etc are decent brands.

A 4850 would be able to play most games at Very High setting at 1440x900, you would not regret buying it but what PSU do you have?

If you do not want to buy second-hand, get 4670 (512MB version preferably, but difficult to find) It will be quite sufficient for your needs too

I've a CM 600W PSU, so should be more than enough. I'm open to a second hand 4850, but I absolutely need the card today cause I pretty much don't get time to game on weekdays. Also, since I will not be upgrading for the next 2 years or so, the extra warranty of a new card will come handy.

Got an XFX 4670 1GB yesterday for about 4.5k. Unfortunately MSI, Sapphire weren't available anywhere. Does the job well :) Thanks!

HD4670 would be fine .... if you can get a HD4770 or HD4850 then it'll be even better. Or you can go for 9600GT or 9800GT

Back