Android Urgent: Opt for Replacement or no issues here

ashish

Adept
My friend got Redmi note 7 basic phone from Flipkart some days ago.

While the phone is working perfect flawlessly, what is bothering him is the yellow tint he gets when any daylight image is captured.

Also, the red color isn't captured really red, it either appears orangish or pinkish.

He is confused whether to get it replaced from flipkart or go to the service center.

I did some research and foudn this on xda. https://forum.xda-developers.com/poco-f1/help/yellow-viewfinder-picture-t3836890
It appears all is good though.

If he wishes to opt for replacement, the main concern is his return policy is valid only till tomorrow May 17th.

So if he opt for the replacement via flipkart, do they straightway provide replacement
or does the phone goes through checks etc. and then
  • they return the original phone if it got no issues
  • or a brand new box pack same color and model
  • or do they play games and return us somebody elses similarly returned phone.
  • or offer complete money refund
Hope some experienced flipkart user can comment on this.

My friend was also in similar situation with his Honor 10 Lite from flipkart but a little bit of googling and seems he was sorted than having it returned.
His phone has issue with speaker and he found it was software based.

He tried google cam apk and the mentioned tools above and seems the results are better on these apps rather than the camera app on the phone.
The phone camera performs good outside unless its too sunny bright though he hasn't tested yet with these apps.

Back