Audio [Urgent] Questions on portable earphone amplifier.

Coax out is important cause that way i can use what ever DAC i want ! it will be important for Desk top use. ( and with my future upgrade ...i must have digital out )

though the X3 has somewhat diluted my interest in Solo ..but still i am interested cause of the IPOD UI!

I stereamer is good but they should have included a spdif out also ! :(

though ipod is 16 bit only , 24 bit in out of my league !so i dont care about that !

yeah you guessed it right ...i just want DIGITAL out from Ipod ! if there was a LOD type device that did not require charging and JUST offered Digital out ...i would have been Happier ...would have gladly paid $500 for that device ( if it was small enough )

EDIT : Hay its not portable also, ( Music streamer ) , solo is portable. 10-12 Hrs of battery life.

That's what I am confused about. The idea is to by-pass the not so good iPod internal DAC and Amp. Products like iStreamer officially do that for a lesser price. If the internal DAC on iStreamer is good enough, why not buy it instead of spending so much on Solo? I like the HRT MS2 and if they've used the same class of DAC, it would sound close to Essence STX. With Cowon already having a Wolfson DAC, Sansa AMS, this would be a nice addition to the sound signature. If they had released a battery powered version, I'd have already bought it.

Do you have portable DACs in mind that you like/planned to combine with Solo's Coax out?

PS: 16 vs 24-bit - I don't think I can hear that much of a difference out of a portable device.

Dont you know that already :D

THE PORTABLE setup!

i would not call it just a portable DAC ..its A DAC+AMP+IEM setup, (But its still too far away ! ..an year or so! )

if it was a universal DAC i'd stick to solo's internal DAC

The reason ( IMO) they could not release a battery powered istreamer is cause of the fact that ,Apple wants the device, that is connected, to CHarge Ipod/iPhone while its connected thats why the solo's battery is soo less ( its still not confirmed though cause At head fi one representative says otherwise )

Ah! I forgot about "THAT" DAC for a while :p

In that case, Solo all the way for you (at least for now). I don't think people can make Digital Outs without Apple's official support like countless LODs we have out there.

< taking advantage of your Groggy-ness ...pretend you did not read this >

Hay you have ipod 64 gb !! you should buy the Algorithm SOlo Right now !..this is the new year gift to you !

BTW Happy new year to you as well ! :D

Back