Budget 51-70k Urgently Need you help regarding purchase.

Gaurav_347

Recruit
Hello All,

I am in an urgent need to buy a laptop as my 10 year old macbook pro has finally given up. I am looking to buy within the range of 45k to 60 k INR. I am looking for something which will last me good 3-5 years. My mac had only given me a problem once when I had to replace the battery and that was that. I am looking for durability, fast processing and roughly around 13-14 inches with a good screen . My main usage will be office work, browsing and minimal gaming if I get the time.
I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out. There are so many options availabe on amazon and flipkart that it has become quite confusing as to what should I buy.

I hope you and your family members are doing well and are safe during these tough times.

Regards,
Gaurav

Is it possible to wait for a few days?
The huawei magicbook is launching in india through flipkart on 31st July
Most probably it will have the ryzen 4000 series APU at around your budget
And seems like a pretty good laptop overall

See if you can find the asus tuf a15 base variant. It is priced at 61k.

Unfortunately it is OOS most of the time on Amazon.

See if you can find the asus tuf a15 base variant. It is priced at 61k.

Unfortunately it is OOS most of the time on Amazon.

Thank you for the recommendation. I am looking for something light. More like Asus 14 ryzen 5 quad core. What do you think?

Asus vivobook is one option but upgrading might be an issue(8gb ram is soldered).
Dell Inspiron 5490 is one option but it has Intel processor.
Lenovo S340 is another one with good specs and upgradibility(ram, HDD, NVME).
Ryzen 4000 series should be out which would give you more bang for your buck.

Asus vivobook is one option but upgrading might be an issue(8gb ram is soldered).
Dell Inspiron 5490 is one option but it has Intel processor.
Lenovo S340 is another one with good specs and upgradibility(ram, HDD, NVME).
Thank you for your input. I guess I will wait for these new laptops with the new ryzen processors. Any expected dates?

Expected dates can't say. But Asus vivobook 14 is based on Ryzen 4000 series(4500, 4700). If you can contact customer care or showroom and ask them specifically about upgrading in future that would be better.
If Asus is out with Ryzen, Lenovo and others should too.
I am not sure if Dell comes with AMD Soc.
HP are also good but can't predict about upgrading feature. You need to ask them.

I would have suggested Acer swift 5 but their screen seems to be of not that good quality compared to Dell, hp, Asus.
If you can get a first hand experience from these respective companies that would be best for you.

Just wanted to point out that most older vivobooks have 1 free slot to add more RAM even though the base amount is soldered. I'm talking about the ones that come with Ryzen 3000 for example.

As the others have pointed out, wait if you can.

Just wanted to point out that most older vivobooks have 1 free slot to add more RAM even though the base amount is soldered. I'm talking about the ones that come with Ryzen 3000 for example.

As the others have pointed out, wait if you can.
Thanks for the clarification...
I should have mentioned nthat I am talking about Asus vivobook S 14, a newly launched product.

Lenovo slim 5 or lenovo flex? The sale has started on amazon and flipkart. Either of these or any other that you guys suggest. Have to make a decision by tomorrow. Thank you

The same is available on amazon for 56,990 with additional 1500 discount
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor; Base speed: 2.3Ghz, Max Speed: 4.0GHz, 6 Cores, 6 Threads, 8MB Smart Cache

what i referred is ryzen 4700u

Slim 5 aat croma

Back