Windows Usability issues turning from Windows 7/XP to 10 (PRO). Need Mental help

Futureized

Skilled
Since a Windows 3.1 user since decades, everyone faced usability issues.. for a days/weeks..
while switching between various version of Windows.. Let it be like
NT
XP
etc. etc. or something missed above.

But Is anyone really having a major curve adopting Windows 10 from Windows 7 specially ?
Migrating from Windows XP AND Windows 7 at present (using both due to licensing compliance)

Trying Windows 10 personally.. And looks garbage (since last few days) nothing can be customized.

I know, I am always talking awkward, again this time..

But my User Interface Experience is getting absolutely mad.

Primary OS on Kingston SSD GB SSD.
Have 2 another sata drives 500Gb and 1 TB for rest of things (data etc.)

I primarily install all software on SSD including VRAM running only via SSD.

Trying Windows 10 personally.. And looks garbage (since last few days) nothing can be customized.
Yes... It feels awkward for a month or two... but you get use to it...

I too felt the same way 2 yrs ago... from Windows 7 to 10... everything felt unnecessary difficult or out of place for no apparent reason...

The most annoying was Auto Updates... Had to do some digging to stop it...

Give it time... it will feel normal

Yes... It feels awkward for a month or two... but you get use to it...

I too felt the same way 2 yrs ago... from Windows 7 to 10... everything felt unnecessary difficult or out of place for no apparent reason...

The most annoying was Auto Updates... Had to do some digging to stop it...

Give it time... it will feel normal
Auto updates are for our system stability.

Since a Windows 3.1 user since decades, everyone faced usability issues.. for a days/weeks..
while switching between various version of Windows.. Let it be like
NT
XP
etc. etc. or something missed above.

But Is anyone really having a major curve adopting Windows 10 from Windows 7 specially ?
Migrating from Windows XP AND Windows 7 at present (using both due to licensing compliance)

I know, I am always talking awkward, again this time..

But my User Interface Experience is getting absolutely mad.

Totally detest the user interface, all flat and drab. The world has bevels and edges. We have graphics cards displaying millions of colors and we get flatness.
All this minimalism nonsense is quite overboard. It works well for art, but not for operating systems.
Dumbed down icons, no easy settings and LARGE white spaces, where there was a lot of useful clutter earlier.
Even windows 98 came with the option to change the color to a gradient in the title bar and I totally liked that. Gone now.

Windows 10 is VERY fast, and very smooth. The operating system is superb, but the UI and the UX experience is terrible as heck.
In fact I took to using windows classic menu (this is a great app called Classic Shell http://classicshell.net/ ) to go back to the windows 98 style menu.
upload_2018-3-4_13-5-35.png

IMO they spoiled the menu with Vista onwards. Layers of nested folders made more sense rather than scrollable folders that you have to click through to find items.

Simplified interfaces are all good, but not a the cost of dumbing down the experience for everyone.

I loved the AERO Glass effect in Vista and also the look of Win7... now they're slowly introducing the Fluent Design which is a little glassy effect again.

This is why I enjoy using an OS like this: https://elementary.io/ for it's clean but not totally flat UI.

Auto updates are for our system stability.
Yes... thats why I have it on Notify now... So I can download & install them when I want... System stability doesn't get compromised if I defer updates by few hours or days... Instead I find its best to wait than to apply buggy updates that need another fix to get back system stability...

I hate it when they try to shovel down all updates on our system... even the 2-3GB win upgrades...

Most annoying was... suddenly finding my ping skyrocketing while gaming... just to find out its Windows Update hogging all the bandwidth

Another issue I am facing at present is My network card appears with error in device manager evertime, I start the PC (turn on).
I have to reboot the same once and it gets fixed.. (unsure what is the problem, never had this issue earlier on Windows 10 last year as well Windows 7 till day).

Can someone shred light on how to disable this 2 processes ?
Cortana and Antimalware executable.. (tried all options from internet, but it gets enabled always.)

As well while using Firefox it goes up and takes upto 1.5 GB to 2 GB memory usage..
I am using just a few extensions like adblocker, bookmark manager and a password manager, rest all stock.

Total system memory is 8 GB (this too is way too low for Windows 10)

Attachments

• disable this processes.png
    disable this processes.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 152
As well while using Firefox it goes up and takes upto 1.5 GB to 2 GB memory usage..
I am using just a few extensions like adblocker, bookmark manager and a password manager, rest all stock.
Firefox always tends to use lot of RAM... finally switched to Chrome 3yrs ago... only thing I miss is the Bookmarks drop-down button

Thats history of browser wars..
To ditch IE, they used facebook and social media media which worked flawless in firefox (chrome was growing at that time)
Today to ditch FF, it started consuming more hardware resources.. (even last year there is a rumour in tech sector Mozilla received 232 Million $ from a search engine.. Mozilla didnt declared the name, should be google)
@panzer008 are you fan of any other browser except Firefox or Chrome ?

I was a fan of Netscape Navigator (lol) 20+ years ago its dead now. and now FF

UC Browser etc.. ?

Another issue I am facing at present is My network card appears with error in device manager evertime, I start the PC (turn on).
I have to reboot the same once and it gets fixed.. (unsure what is the problem, never had this issue earlier on Windows 10 last year as well Windows 7 till day).
delete network drivers and install them again.

Can someone shred light on how to disable this 2 processes ?
Cortana and Antimalware executable.. (tried all options from internet, but it gets enabled always.)
antimalware executable is windows defender. no need to disable it. you cant ofcourse disable cortana. windows sends a lots of data to microsoft servers. like every time you open a photo in photos app, it logs the data and sends it to microsoft. install this tool to stop the telemetry data
https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/

s well while using Firefox it goes up and takes upto 1.5 GB to 2 GB memory usage..
Total system memory is 8 GB (this too is way too low for Windows 10)
I use chrome and opera and I can open upto 40 tabs before it starts lagging. I too have 8gb ram

delete network drivers and install them again.
That was first thing to try, didnt worked..
antimalware executable is windows defender. no need to disable it. you cant ofcourse disable cortana.
how can i disable both useless things ? both take atleast 120 mb when idle and more then 700Mb physical ram when using stuff.. (WORK/GAMES or even using VLC) :/

I use chrome and opera and I can open upto 40 tabs before it starts lagging.
Then its finally time to kill FF :( Entire mozilla community forums are yelling about same..
But ..

I will check your link, and THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all the HELP.
UI lovers understand, the problems.. appreciate all the help received.

Firefox itself looks like an operating system inside win10. Keeps using 2gb+ ram and even though my system got 18gb it looks m on 2gb as soon as I open 3+ tabs and the task manager shows 6+ ff processes.
Pathetic! But have to live with it as using it since 10yrs and got addicted to its addons+extensions and bookmarks arrangement. Its new version sucked badly as it disabled all old golden addons and extensions.

Chromes free add-ons now throw random ads and popups so it sucks. And its bookmarks manager is even so kiddish as if designed for some nursery toddler for abcd sorting.

Lastly use opera as backup. At least it can be used as an application rather an hogging os like ff even after multiple tab load.

Win 10 can be customised the way you want. Using it since its metro days by simply using classic start menu. Its great OS minus daily updates and defender shit scanning. So have disabled both for good.
Another issue is its constant C drive taking frequent 100% disk utilisation as if injecting some virus or etc inside.
Tricks work sometimes but fails many.

Overall its good and have mixed feelings though i completely miss XP & then 7.

Me should consider releasing new Os rather than keeping win10 updated for yrs to come.

^
Lastly use opera as backup. At least it can be used as an application rather an hogging os like ff even after multiple tab load.

use this extension to use all chrome extensions on opera (since both chrome and opera use chromium open source)

Nope m happy with Opera alone and then addiction of FF. Chrome is nowhere in my list unless they mature enough with their bookmarks arrangements and learn something from FF.

I don't use chrome. Its just last resort type. Use only for gmail.
Free add-ons I tried resulted in random popups & annoying ads as if browsing some pron or torrenting sites.

Opera and ff arent exploiting user experience just how google does.

If chrome becomes sensible or match to the experience of FF minus performance issues then who will prefer keeping multiple browsers on ones machine!

There's a reason I have still stuck to Windows 7.
Still works like a charm for me, especially with device driver compatibility.
Have switched to Chrome from Firefox as I like to keep a lot of tabs open and even 12GB RAM wasn't enough for Firefox. Also helps that my bookmarks sync across all my Android devices and laptop. Have never used any major add-ons apart from IDM so it wasn't difficult making the move to Chrome.

Back