Storage Solutions USB 3.0 Speeds Same as USB 2.0

Alwaysonline

Disciple
Hi today I got the WD MY book 3.0.

I plugged it in my Esata port/3.0 port it did some driver installing....... one driver it was not able to install win7 did it on its own by going online...and drivers were all installed.

The problem is that I am getting same speeds as on a USB 2.0 or sometimes even less ? my speeds have not gon more than 22MB/sec......

I went in my USB hubs its showing high speed usb as per some guys online on 3.0 it should show super speed......

On my laptop HDD speeds is of 5400 rpm.

Also the .... WD people have just included one cable saying it is for both 2.0 and 3.0 !

now what shall I do yar..... already running a diag. on the drive the quick scan gave it a pass...now running the extended one....

Is Windows 7 showing a balloon massage in pop up something like "This Device can perform faster" , every time you connect the drive to USB port?

I have Lenovo Z560.... its in the LAppy... and the thing is this ESATA port can also be used as a normal 2.0 USB so is that the reason the problem is happening ?

aw dam I think some websites have wrongly mentioned that Z560 has USB 3.0. On the port it only says its Esata ? on notebookreview could not find it have to have a 3.0 port :( I guess that would explain things now atleast I can rest lolz

Is there some way to use Esata on this WD HDD ? I am not interested in buying a express card.

and plz tell me shall I still do the driver and firmware update on this HDD ? or leave it. thx ...

Back