CPU/Mobo Usb drive recommendation for OS Installer, MacOs and Windows

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Recently I have faced a boot failier and lucky enough I was able to get my data before formatting and also i had to first clean pc then reinstall a new updated windows from iso. This is kind of pain when I don't have data and just want to do a clean installation. So was thinking to get 2 usb, one for windows and one for MacOs.

Now the question is what size and which model makes sense. As I will only be keeping it as a backup installation USB drives. I already have a 32gb SanDisk otg usb.

Please suggest me the best possible hardware to buy. Qty is 2.

For some reason tptalk is not able to edit the title category. I choose storage and it's showing cpu / Mobo at my end atleast. Sport for the confusion if so [emoji28]

sometime back I bought 2 16GB pen drives for 280 each? from amazon. kingston pen drives, they're sole purpose is to have windows image in one and linux in other. works well for me. you dont need fancy pen drives, 16GB is more than enough for these images.

sometime back I bought 2 16GB pen drives for 280 each? from amazon. kingston pen drives, they're sole purpose is to have windows image in one and linux in other. works well for me. you dont need fancy pen drives, 16GB is more than enough for these images.
Usb 3 version ?

May i know how were you able to backup your data after boot failure i had boot failure recently ans i lost all my data.
There are two ways you see without recovery software.

1) if you are getting recovery menu from w10 and boot seems to fail, use reset the pc option while keep my files checked. This ensures only os is reset and not your files from any places.

2) make a Linux or even windows usb bootable os. Linux gives you option of trying before installing so like this just boot the temp os, get your files and data and you are good to go for a clean setup.

This is something I personally do only for SSD drive which is my os drive and most of the time I move my finished data to my secondary drive as soon as I am done working on it to ensure data safety.

In my college day for such conditions, my lab assistant your to mirror the os on clean install and software install so that if in case of critical crash, he can just restore data from the mirror copy.

Windows to have it but for some unknown reason I was not able to restore the recovery point as it was courrpt.

I hope this was what you wished to know. Rest recovery software is the only solution we have I suppose [emoji28]

IODD 2531
This looks very interesting! Kind of pricey, but if someone has the need for multiple bootable OSes on the go, then its definitely a useful option. But I wonder if there is a software version of this out there.
Edit: found a software version: http://www.easy2boot.com/ . Haven't tested it, but is advertised to work just like the IODD 2531 drive - Just copy iso or other images to removable drive.

Last edited:
This looks very interesting! Kind of pricey, but if someone has the need for multiple bootable OSes on the go, then its definitely a useful option. But I wonder if there is a software version of this out there.
Edit: found a software version: http://www.easy2boot.com/ . Haven't tested it, but is advertised to work just like the IODD 2531 drive - Just copy iso or other images to removable drive.

Yes easy2boot works similar, IODD simply provides a nice UI and easier management.

Back