USB WiFi Adapter with High Sensitivity/Range.

vinaycm

Adept
Iam facing an issue with my current wifi connection. The wireless router in my building is in the ground floor & iam staying in the 3rd floor. So the signal strength at my room is quite weak with the laptop's builtin wifi adapter. So iam looking forward to buying a high sensitivity/range usb wifi adapter to use with my laptop which hopefully will get the problem resolved.

Here are the options that i've shortlisted.
Edimax High Speed Wireless WIFI N USB Adapter Antenna
LONG RANGE WI-FI WIRELESS USB ADAPTER 802.11 a/b/g/n
TP-LINK 54Mbps Wireless LAN USB Adapter w/4dBi Antenna
HI- POWER USB WIFI DONGLE FOR HIGH RANGE - 500~100M

The last one is quite expensive, so it would be given preference only if it has a considerable advantage taking into account its price. I would like to have u suggestions regarding which of these is the best in solving my problem.

Any other suggestions onto how to increase the signal strength in my room using any other devices/methods are also welcome.

Waiting for your opinions..

Finally solved the issue.. The wifi adapters with high gain antennas were not helping much.. So brought a TP-LINK WR-740N router & flashed it with DD-WRT n converted it to a wifi repeater.. Installed it near the window where i was getting good signal strength.. Now the whole issue is solved..

Back