USB wireless adapter for picking weak signal laptop cannot??

Hi all,

I have a friend who has an unlimited internet connection at his home and lives quite near my house.
I want to share the internet through his wifi.
The signal just outside my house is poor but i can connect to it and access slowwww internet with my laptop. Even my phones pick up one bar of signal and can connect with crawling speed.

However, inside my house the signal is simply not there.
My laptop and phones do not see any signal. My laptop has an internal intel centrino 6205 wifi adapter.

I want to know if i can buy a usb wifi adapter with external antenna that could catch the signal and let me browse. Is this possible?? Or do those usb have the same signal picking strength.

How far do you live ? Best way to access it putting a LAN cable from his house to your house and setting up a basic router at your place.

There are devices like repeaters and range extenders but with input signal having strength of just 1 bar, this devices would be pretty useless.

How far do you live ? Best way to access it putting a LAN cable from his house to your house and setting up a basic router at your place.

There are devices like repeaters and range extenders but with input signal having strength of just 1 bar, this devices would be pretty useless.

Putting a LAN cable is not an option since i am living in the hills. his house is visible from my balcony but its quite far (maybe 100m) and there is nothing but a low valley of sorts in between.

So youre saying something like these:
TP Link TL-WN722N
https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-TL-WN722N-150Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B002SZEOLG/
or
TL-WN822N
https://www.amazon.in/TP-Link-TL-WN822N-300Mbps-Wireless-Adapter/dp/B007W7UWY8/

wouldnt help much?? I thought the antennas would be able to pick up the weak signal.

Infact, I have an old ASUS RTN13U that i used at home lying unused. Can that be put in the balcony in repeater mode to get a wifi signal at my home?

Those adapters will not help much. Since you have spare router around, try that first and see how it performs. I have a strong feeling that it will not help much either.

Back