WP User impressions Nokia Lumia 822

Got another Lumia 822 for $136! :) :) New - Bad ESN!
noob query . is there anything exciting in it to be happy for a potential phone which wont get any future windows update?

pardon my ignorance on windows phone.
also i have read it is an LTE phone. so is it compatible to LTE indian standards whenever rolled out?

A couple questions sir,

1) Will a phone with bad ESN work in India, if yes what are cons of a bad ESN?
2) What are you doing about the sms outgoing issue with the Portico update?

Bad ESN is for the CDMA part, GSM is factory unlocked so you can use it freely for any GSM operator.

Hi guys
I need a phone and have been thinking of picking up this one
Any suggestions on preferred eBay sellers and near mint phones would be appreciated
Planning to use I shop international for shipping
Please help out .....

On [E] one guys is selling it for 8K with issue in charging point. Any idea if one can get it repaired in Mumbai ? Also is this a good deal ? I was bit happy when i got to know in 8K getting Lumia 820's hardware but now this Portico update have turned off my happiness.

Got final quote as 8800 with repair. Hows the deal ? Also any experience of Verizon rolling updates with issue solving of data and SMS without downgrading ?

tagging few owners of this phone @varkey @Jasku @smnrock @mjumrani

P.S. Deal includes only a phone.

On [E] one guys is selling it for 8K with issue in charging point. Any idea if one can get it repaired in Mumbai ? Also is this a good deal ? I was bit happy when i got to know in 8K getting Lumia 820's hardware but now this Portico update have turned off my happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody using this phone confirm if Nokia unlimited music works and whether we can download maps for offline use?
I have a 710, i got a year's unlimited music free, and have been using it for the past 2 months (its a little buggy, but it does work), not sure if there are any issues specific to the 822

Got final quote as 8800 with repair. Hows the deal ? Also any experience of Verizon rolling updates with issue solving of data and SMS without downgrading ?

tagging few owners of this phone @varkey @Jasku @smnrock @mjumrani

P.S. Deal includes only a phone.

Seems like a decent deal, not sure about the 'charging' issue, just make sure that it does not have the 'Portico' update, else you will NOT be able to send SMS. I may have a better offer for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a decent deal, not sure about the 'charging' issue, just make sure that it does not have the 'Portico' update, else you will NOT be able to send SMS. I may have a better offer for you.

Thanks for quick reply. I read about this Portico thing due to which I m now resistant to get this device. Considering what if in future this thing is not resolved and we have to stay on old version of OS. Though hardware of it is awesome. You can PM me about offer. :)

Back