Valve announces Dota 2 for 2011

SharekhaN

Skilled
Gameinformer said:
The rumors and speculation can cease. Valve is making Dota 2, we've played it, and it's already amazing even though it's not coming out until next year. And we haven't yet laid eyes on Dota 2's biggest innovation: a radical approach to integrating the game's community back into the gameplay itself.

pics:

nn59U.jpg
BNBKk.jpg
MqixP.jpg
IB7GE.jpg

Read up on Dota2 by Valve

I was wondering when they would get on the dota bandwagon lol, its totally something they can do and something that will work well with steam.

I have been playing LOL ( a dota clone) for some time. I havent played dota but I hear some of the mechanics are different. Is there anyone here who has played both? Can someone recant their experiences here?

SharekhaN said:
I have been playing LOL ( a dota clone) for some time. I havent played dota but I hear some of the mechanics are different. Is there anyone here who has played both? Can someone recant their experiences here?
Well some of the differences i can observe are:

1. Dota is much much more competitive especially the level of people playing. Most of the players (at least in 90% of the games i have seen on LOL) dont even use the concept of warding.

2. Dota has the concept of denying creeps/minions and towers (thus denying gold and experience to opposite heroes)

3. More number of heroes in Dota

4. Gameplay in LOL is a little slower then in Dota.

5. Community in LOL is a lot noob friendly

There is another game called HON (Heroes of Newerth) but which is no longer free now which is more dota clonelike than LOL.

I would like to think LoL is more of a noob friendly game while Dota/Hon is more League/competition centered.

The best thing about LOL is that the players are a lot less rabid then HON or DOTA where players go frothing at the mouth if u dont play as they expect! :)

Btw, wat is ur id on LOL? We can play a game together sometime. :)

This better be awesome, although I do feel it would be better than the Dota clones as IceFrog himself is involved

I dont like this version of bloodseeker, I hope they make some better model for him

These are just concept arts I guess, in game models will be different. The real question is, how will Icefrog balance Dota and Dota2....

jc36lect3r said:
I hope they make a new and improved netcode for Dota 2, the current one is poorly optimized...
Err, poorly optimized??? :S

You do realize that dota is just a mod map for Warcraft 3!

@SharekhaN , my userid is xAlias on LOL.

Yes, I meant the netcode for Warcraft 3. What I meant was that online play has come a long way since Warcraft and CS, hope they incorporate those changes into Dota2.

Back