Very simple VB college project - Need help urgently.

Hi all,

I need help in doing a VB college project, the project is very simple, we named it "EasyPay" What it does is.

1. Create 10 tables with bill details(phone, water and electricity) and assign them unique numbers.

2. You enter a unique number and the table that you created corresponding to the unique number shows up, and that form should have a button saying "pay", you click on that and the next time you view the same bill, there should be a text saying "PAID" next to the bill details.

For the people who told me to do my own work - Yes i am on my project, the UI is created and the basic stuff is done,.

I need the following help:

1. I need to save a text in the DB with the bill details which need to be retrieved after entering the unique number.

2. How do I make the status of a bill "PAID" on a click of a button.

P.S- Is this easier in HTML?

Thanks.

Want Something like this..

If you ever get a job.. then also ask other to do your office projects ...

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 186
Want Something like this..

If you ever get a job.. then also ask other to do your office projects ...

cooldude_007

not cool man,

at least try and ask specific questions when get stuck.

lol, he is not even saying he is stuck, he is outsourcing the project!

Argh, my bad for not using proper punctuation. What I meant was

"at least try(doing it yourself); and ask specific questions when you get stuck in between."

For the people who told me to do my own work -Thanks for the advice and yes i am on my project, the UI is created and the basic stuff is done, i'm not sitting completely idle expecting somebody to do the entire work for me.

I need the following help:

1. I need to save a text in the DB with the bill details which need to be retrieved after entering the unique number corresponding to the saved text in the DB.

2. How do I make the status of a bill "PAID" on a click of a button.

@
rakesh_sharma23 - How do i do create the table that you have on the pic?

You know VB or VB.NET..??

If not then learn.

This is the most basic thing that are taught.

BTW Here are few hints to get you started...
1. BTW that's Gridview (in that pic). Now google it and find how to load table in Gridview.
2. Keep a column in table named payment. Make it type boolean. Say Paid if it's True or Unpaid if it's false.
3. Turn that specific column to true of that row when user clicks "Make Payment".
4. Regarding the search part. Learn SQL and load the specific row from Table in Gridview when user click search button. More Hint : You are taking an Unique number (say Bill No.) from User as input. Learn SQL if you don't know already. Again this is most basic stuff.

Or if you want more easy. Simply keep it as varchar and keep Unpaid initially. And update that row with Paid when user clicks Make Payment button. (That will be more simple if you are new to gridview.).

But following the above will make you learn to use Gridview if you don't know.

I guess these will really help you get started.

PS : Learn if you don't know the languages and other stuff. People will always help you. They are here on forums to help others only. But never help you if you are not willing to learn or get you work done through them.

@rakesh_sharma23 - How do i do create the table that you have on the pic?

As Krishnandu said it's a DataGridView. you can attach a DB with billing details to it. You can use a flag field to mark Bill"Payed" or Not by updating the database with button "Make payment " click event.

People here in forum are to help .. only if you try to help yourself.. First try and if you face a problem then ask.. I am sure many will reply..

Back