sunandoghosh

Disciple
Dear Members

Buy urgently in a day or two maximum as work stuck
Old laptop not working motherboard gone lenovo 3 yrs old

My requirements are:

What's your Budget?
70 to 80k

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
I am NON gaming person.
Main Usage:
MS SQL Visual Basic Studio Android Studio adobe acrobat and few other heavy weight software’s (NO CAD etc) Multiple applications simultaneously open
NO video processing ever, Simply watching videos

What size and weight considerations do you have?
15.6 Inch

SSD nvme 256gb will do or nvme m. 2 slot atleast so that I can add by separate purchase
(pls note need nvme slot as primary Bootable slot)

Ram 8gb atleast with provision to add another ram of 8 gb by separate purchase (higher mhz value better)

One more inbuilt hard disk space inside wherein I can add hdd or Ssd

Excellent display (I guess might mean better refresh rate and IPS Panel)

PROCESSOR
Willing to try ryzen over intel
Best performance within laptop budget of 70 to 80k fine

Graphics card
Not a gamer
No content creator
I Guess even integrated graphics might do

No need for optical drive
Don't require thin or light weight

KINDLY SUGGEST ASAP as I need to purchase by tommorow
Pls be specific about model number
I m ok in going to shop and buy locally as its urgently required
I m based out of thane

Hi,
Based on your requirement, you can take a look at this:
(Yes, it is a gaming laptop, but it ticks almost all boxes in your requirement.)
Asus TUF series is normally to market a more durable build (when compared to RoG)

Link - Amazon - Asus TUF Gaming
  • Screen Size - 15.6" 144 Hz
  • Ram - 8 GB and expandable upto 32 GB
  • Processor - i7 10th Gen (should shallow any compiling tasks with ease)
  • Storage - 256GB NVMe bootable and 1TB HDD for storage (M.2 slot available for expansion)
  • Plus: Has Nvidia 1650 GPU, Good Cooling.
Cons: Battery Life, Price at 83k

Personally I'd prefer to have Dell Latitude or Lenovo Thinkpad for work purposes simply because of robustness.
But serious budget to performance issues. Hence better off for office procured products.

You don't need to spend the amount mentioned to meet your modest requirements. Spending your total budget will either get you a thin/light ultraportable that you don't want, or a gaming laptop with 3D performance that you don't need, just to get things like RAM/Storage expansion. Share your thoughts and I will try to make some recommendations.

As a general rule, you want to pick the new 7nm Ryzen 4000 CPUs whenever possible. Lastly, the TUF series of laptops have thermal issues that I would avoid in favour of better alternatives.

Last edited:
Hi,
Based on your requirement, you can take a look at this:
(Yes, it is a gaming laptop, but it ticks almost all boxes in your requirement.)
Asus TUF series is normally to market a more durable build (when compared to RoG)

Link - Amazon - Asus TUF Gaming
  • Screen Size - 15.6" 144 Hz
  • Ram - 8 GB and expandable upto 32 GB
  • Processor - i7 10th Gen (should shallow any compiling tasks with ease)
  • Storage - 256GB NVMe bootable and 1TB HDD for storage (M.2 slot available for expansion)
  • Plus: Has Nvidia 1650 GPU, Good Cooling.
Cons: Battery Life, Price at 83k

Personally I'd prefer to have Dell Latitude or Lenovo Thinkpad for work purposes simply because of robustness.
But serious budget to performance issues. Hence better off for office procured products.

Thank you
After lot of research forced to delay purchase by one or two day max
It seems ASUS warranty after sales support is worst
My only thing is ryzen 7 series with yod have given more value than i7 10th gen.
But u r suggesting that my req would be met fully by this processor?
Post automatically merged:

You don't need to spend the amount mentioned to meet your modest requirements. Spending your total budget will either get you a thin/light ultraportable that you don't want, or a gaming laptop with 3D performance that you don't need, just to get things like RAM/Storage expansion. Share your thoughts and I will try to make some recommendations.

As a general rule, you want to pick the new 7nm Ryzen 4000 CPUs whenever possible. Lastly, the TUF series of laptops have thermal issues that I would avoid in favour of better alternatives.
Thank you
No req of thin or light ultra portable as its going to be mainly used for working from home. True I don't need any gaming thing at all.
My core req
Nvme ssd with one more slot of hdd
16 gb ram expansion capability
True i also read lot of screen bleeding issue with tuf series and it seems most of asus laptop develop problem some or other over time with terrible after sales service

I don't intend to play game whatsoever
So pls consider heating in that context as gaming generates max heat

Infact i don't even need i think strong 1650 card or others
Only req display should be clear with no bleeding or ghost

Finally strong processor would help my work simultaneously a lot i believe

Thank you again
Pls suggest sir asap with ur valuable inputs
Can wait for max one or second day

Last edited:
HP pavilion Gaming series will give you dual storage option and will meet all your requirements.
Ryzen 3550H
1tb hdd + 128gb SSD
8gb Ram
Nvidia gfx
15.6" IPS Full HD display
Win 10 + Office
Recently bought for 58.5k from Reliance Digital.
For 1499 warranty extended for another 2 years.

They have 1tb + 256 ssd model also for higher price, Ec0043ax.

Last edited:
HP pavilion Gaming series will give you dual storage option and will meet all your requirements.
Ryzen 3550H
1tb hdd + 128gb SSD
8gb Ram
Nvidia gfx
15.6" IPS Full HD display
Win 10 + Office
Recently bought for 58.5k from Reliance Digital.
For 1499 warranty extended for another 2 years.

They have 1tb + 256 ssd model also for higher price, Ec0043ax.
Thank you
Everything is ok but just wondering if processor could be better as intend to use this laptop for sever years

But u r suggesting that my req would be met fully by this processor?

Yes, a 10th Gen i7 processor do outshine Ryzen series in single core performance. And as you mentioned about multitasking, not with all heavy apps, i7 would be more than enough to work through. For reference, I use a i7 6th gen laptop (Dell Inspiron, with dock) for occasional programming (C#, Visual Studio) and frankly it handles it with ease. With visual studio running, on background may be an Excel file for reference, some songs on Youtube all balanced good. Hence, a 10th gen will work out easily. Sure, if you are looking VFM, Ryzen would outshine Intel, but that being said, i7 is not a bad processor at all.

Yes, a 10th Gen i7 processor do outshine Ryzen series in single core performance. And as you mentioned about multitasking, not with all heavy apps, i7 would be more than enough to work through. For reference, I use a i7 6th gen laptop (Dell Inspiron, with dock) for occasional programming (C#, Visual Studio) and frankly it handles it with ease. With visual studio running, on background may be an Excel file for reference, some songs on Youtube all balanced good. Hence, a 10th gen will work out easily. Sure, if you are looking VFM, Ryzen would outshine Intel, but that being said, i7 is not a bad processor at all.
I'm sorry but this is just wrong. You're not going to convince anyone that an i7 of any generation is going to be better at multi-tasking when compared to a 6-8 core 7nm Ryzen. As far as single core performance is concerned, the two are so close that it makes no difference for this sort of usage.

I'm sorry but this is just wrong. You're not going to convince anyone that an i7 of any generation is going to be better at multi-tasking when compared to a 6-8 core 7nm Ryzen. As far as single core performance is concerned, the two are so close that it makes no difference for this sort of usage.

I have never mentioned i7 having better multicore performance than Ryzen. I know Ryzen 9 or 7 always has better multicore performance over i9 or i7.

What I told for the requirement they posted (they are not running a lot of extensive apps simultaneously) i7 will be able to handle it easily. Again, they asked for a recommendation, so the one I posted, I feel meets their criteria overall.

Thank u for all replies. It improved my knowledge and definitely helped. Finally settled with lenovo legion 5i i5 processor. May be not best value for money but had other reasons as well.

Back