Budget 31-40k VFM Video Editing Build + Multi-monitor + Hackintosh

Party Monger

Skilled
Basic use - Illustrator, Photoshop and Video editing using Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro on OSX.

Dont have any older parts, completely new build from scratch. Budget is for first phase. Can exceed too.

I need a value for money build that I can start with under 30-40k and add more in time. Primary need is to experiment with video editing. Also cause I don't want to upgrade my laptop just yet as windows 10 is around the corner. The PC will be dual booting OSX + Windows 10 + Windows 7 (No biggie with partitions.)

Now here are the phases that I want to build this in -

1st phase -
Basic hackintosh compatible -
CPU - (i5?) Hackintosh works best with Intel
+ MB (gigabyte cause hackingtosh support) & Stock Cooler ? Need atleast 2 ram slots, if more, better)
+ 8gb Ram
+ HDD (1tb)
+ FHD Monitor(22-23inch or around)
+ silent and sleek case (not a spacehog if possible but room for expansion)
+ PSU (that would cover a vfm GPU in future).

Basically no SSD and no over the top RAM and stuff, to keep initial cost less.

2nd phase (3 months post the initial build)
Add monitor (making it dual),
Add two 256gb SSDs (for OS and for Videos/scratch disk),

3rd phase (3 months post second phase)
If all works out well would add a VFM GPU and a third display.
And a multitouch trackpad too for ease of use.

Would prefer to buy parts online, but open to buying offline if rates are less. So links would be great!

Misc - (you can skip)
1) The cabinet will probably be on ground level or on a small plastic stool, to keep clutter away from sight. So perhaps any way to switch it on remotely or extend the power button on the case ?
2) The motherboard should support dual display atleast to begin with.
3) I wont be downloading on this.
4) Don't need a lot of storage initially as my experiments with Video editing will be small and nothing very professional (initially) so 1tb will be more than enough. Have two portables with usb 3 so that's again not an issue.
5) I have an inverter that covers power cuts and power is fairly stable, but would like to include a decent-ish PSU that would support CPU, MB, 3-4HDDS (2ssd) and a GPU
6) HATE clutter, so anything I can do from start to keep the build very clean and less wired running around. Its in my cabin with a glass top on wood with 3-4 inches in between both.
7) Monitor should have thin bezels but vfm.
8) Wireless kb and mouse. Perhaps a mouse that runs on glass too?
9) I shall be adding a portable touch screen device too as my personal device in the near future post launch of 6000 series processors, windows 10 and all. Lots of new things in the next few months.
10) Lesser the headache in installing OSX the better.

Budget estimates, part recommendations needed. Thoughts and miscellaneous views welcome.

Back