Android Viber Calls not working after firmware update

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi

Re: Viber/Tango - Calls not working after firmware update

I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 on Android 422. Last evening my phone did an auto-update of the firmware after which I am unable to "hear anyone" on Viber or Tango. This is applicable for both making or receiving calls. I reinstalled Viber but the problem still persists. I have had this phone for like 5 months now and in the past various "firmware/software" upgrades were done & I faced no problems whatsoever.

Has anyone else faced this problem.

I am totally dependent on Viber (Tango recently installed) as I am in Malaysia & for calling up folks in India this is the best solution.

Googled but no solutions

Thanks

Terry

If the phone is rooted and you have a Titanium Backup, try and restore a backup of that app. Or download an older version of the app online. I always take a Titanium Backup of my apps before updating for just this reason. Hope your problem gets solved.
Edit - Did you do an update of the device firmware. In that case you may be able to install an older firmware via Odin. I haven't been in touch with rooting Samsung phones for a long time so don't know if your phone has 'Knox' or not.

If the phone is rooted and you have a Titanium Backup, try and restore a backup of that app. Or download an older version of the app online. I always take a Titanium Backup of my apps before updating for just this reason. Hope your problem gets solved.
Edit - Did you do an update of the device firmware. In that case you may be able to install an older firmware via Odin. I haven't been in touch with rooting Samsung phones for a long time so don't know if your phone has 'Knox' or not.

Oh dear dear ... I am not into "rooting" ... It may be simple but not I cannot think of doing it. I am literally tied with work here in Malaysia 24 x 7 ...... and frustrated because of this problem

My phone's settings are on "auto-update" ONLY through wi-fi. Yes a firmware update happenned.

MEANWHILE - I checked the Audio problem is also there with Skype [Video calling - Video is fine BUT I CANNOT HEAR the other person]

Backup anything and everything on your phone with Helium (and NO, it doesn't require root privileges). It's a popular alternative to Titanium Backup.
Then do a factory reset and see if it gets solved!

Backup anything and everything on your phone with Helium (and NO, it doesn't require root privileges). It's a popular alternative to Titanium Backup.
Then do a factory reset and see if it gets solved!

Thanks matey.... I have'nt had time to look at this solution. Literally working 24x7 past 2 months ....

HOWEVER - THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS

Meanwhile - folks around the world who are using the Galaxy Mega 5.8 have ALL encountered the same problem
- resetting does not solve the issue

sample these (I have been facing the same issues + battery draining fast + takes ages to recharge fully)

Hi same problem for me too.. I received OTA software update on 10th January and I just clicked "Yes". The problem started like no audio from earpiece for skype, viber, tango and other voip applications. Battery draining very fast. Since it is under warranty I took this mobile to samsung service center. They simply said warranty does not cover any third party applications. This is really very bad....

After updating last Monday, Jan. 13, I couldn't hear voice calls through internet connections unless I use speaker mode. Very uncomfortable. I want to throw my phone on a really hard concrete now. What am I supposed to do with this scrap metal? :(

Samsung FIX THIS. WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT UPDATE FOR!?

I already reset my phone but still, to no avail, IT IS NOT WORKING. VERY FRUSTRATING!

-J from Philippines

I have raised this issue at the samsung developer forum website but there has been no response yet.
dated 13th jan
all from
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mega_5_8_i9150-reviews-5396p4.php

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49563711

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_mega_5_8_i9150-reviews-5396p4.php

Back