Video conferencing blocked in college

I'm about to join a college and seniors have told me that video and flash content is blocked, so Youtube and video chatting doesn't work.
Is there a way to bypass any such restriction? I'm alright with the Youtube block but I do want to video chat back home with my parents and friends.

Find out what exactly is blocked - particular chat clients, or skype or whatever, that might help in figuring out workarounds.

pratikb said:
get your own net connection.

you can use VPN.

Own net connection would be the last resort

Hmm yeah but free VPNs would make it painfuly slow
agantuk said:
Find out what exactly is blocked - particular chat clients, or skype or whatever, that might help in figuring out workarounds.

Okay, on it.

Skype should continue to work, because generally its flash content that is blocked.

Look up a proxy, should help you bypass even those. jellyshell or dtunnel, with an https.

But yea, you do this at your own risk knowing that you are looking for ways to bypass something which have been intentionally blocked. Running into a new college and opening up with a "security bypass" charge against you isn't exactly what I would call a great start.

thats why i told him to get own net connection instead of getting caught of with college in first place..

if not that then use vpn.

Back