Visual Basic 6.0-Data Reports Problem

Hi,

i need to use the Visual Basic 6.0 data reports in my project.

I am stuck up at one place,

i need to incorporate a whole 3 page document in word into the report, which gets the details of about 2-3 lines from the database.

I am unable to align the page format properly. In other words, i am not able to fit one whole word file page into that one page of the data report.
Also, i would like to know if there is a facility in VB 6.0 wherein, i can directly retrieve information from a database and add it at a specified location in the word document.
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I didnt quite get what your problem is. Have you tried setting the page size of the report to match the word document page size. For e.g A4?
Regarding the second part of your question, you need to use the MS Word Object Library and Automation techniques to insert text at a particular point in the word file.

sailendra said:
1. I didnt quite get what your problem is. Have you tried setting the page size of the report to match the word document page size. For e.g A4?
2. Regarding the second part of your question, you need to use the MS Word Object Library and Automation techniques to insert text at a particular point in the word file.
For Point 1

The size of the report is A4 by default. But, the problem i have is, the text i want printed is of 3 pages(A4 size). And, the page format is not remaining the same. Do i have to make 3 different reports for the same thing? Otherwise, how do i manually insert a page break in the report at a specific point as per my own convinence.
For Point 2

I would be happy if you could give some example or some specific command i could use.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Sailendra,
thanks for the help, the links are quite good....buts that not quite what i want, i want to insert text at a specific location, i saw the code, it just inserts code anywhere.

Anyways, thanks for giving me the idea. I shall try some R and D after what i saw and tell whats happening again in this thread.:)

Thanks Again.

Didnt automate the process,
application has been designed and this is one drawback.

Anyways, i am still interested to know the solution for my own knowledge.

Back