Visual Studio 2008 will have TR1 soon

KingKrool

Skilled
OK, so TR1 is going to be added to Visual Studio 2008 as an update.

Yippee.

It's nice to see Microsoft's compiler's group adopting the newer standard, especially since g++ has had it for few months now.

If you don't know what TR1 is, it is basically an update to C++. The new version of the standard is taking forever to be drafted, so meanwhile they released a technical report called Technical Report 1 aka TR1.

- KK

This comes as no suprise as the guys who provide STL libraries to microsoft, Dimkuware have implemented the TR1.:p
They are just gonna get this from Dimkuware ,I guess.

Here are a few more advantages of VS 2008.
Some of the more prominent performance improvements in Visual Studio 2008 that we see include:

· Rebuilding a Visual Basic project and running a background compiler is 3x faster and uses 3x less memory. More about this topic here.

· Scrolling large C# files in the Editor is 100% faster, while typing in new text is 50% faster

· The response time of IntelliSense with large types in C# is up to 10 times faster

· Incremental build time runs up to 90% faster on C++/CLI project solutions. More about this topic here.

· Office Word and Excel files are processed 20x faster on the server

· TFS Version Control command processing was re-written to support unlimited sized operations on key commands without being memory bound on the server. In our measurements, key Commands also run 10% - 60% faster, with the larger improvements associated with bigger projects. More about the work to improve TFS scalability here and here.

Complete article here Somasegar's WebLog : VS 2008 Performance Improvements

You are still using C++ for Desktop Applications?? :p

Just joking.

The actual (worth mentioning features of VS2008):

* JavaScript Intellisense

* JavaScript Debugging

* ASP.NET AJAX Control Extender Support

* JavaScript Intellisense for Silverlight

* Web Designer and CSS Support

* Nested Master Page Support

* Vertical Split View Support

* Support to Treat CSS and JavaScript Validation Issues as Warnings instead of Errors

Some improvements in C#/VB:

* Automatic Properties, Object Initializer and Collection Initializers

* Extension Methods

* Lambda Expressions

* Query Syntax

* Anonymous Types

* The C# ?? null coalescing operator

* and definetely... LINQ.

I have just started with Visual C# in VS2005 and i found itself very eature rich.

Guys any things which might help with C# coding in VS 2008 so i might migrate to it.

I am still learning.

Back