Vivaldi Browser

prabs

Skilled
Opera moved on from Presto to Chromium and I wasn't really fond of what I found. A bunch of features that I had got used to had gone missing (Tab Grouping being one of my favorite along with Visual Tabs). So the jump felt like going backwards and I stuck to Opera 12.17 till now but a bunch of sites like Flipkart, Primeabgb etc literally caused the browser to slow down and become a machine resource hogger and at times even crash.

So I thought it is time to move on just like Opera did and found Vivaldi which was created by the some of the same old folks who were once involved with Opera.

Like current Opera it too uses Chromium but is closer to Opera 12.17 than Chromium Opera was when I tried to move to it. It has mouse gestures, tab grouping, tab preview on mouse over, visual tabs but also a lot more features like hibernating other tabs which can be done at individual tab level or within a group of tabs. Themes can be set to change automatically as per time, you can add notes, Web panels.

I needed a separate instance of Chrome based browser (Used torch) to keep web version of whatsapp on but now I can keep it open in a Web Panel.

The best feature ofcourse which I didn't want to let go was the custom search engine and it is on this.

There are a lot more customization that can be done on this and I am still getting used to it but...

So with a very heavy heart I bid farewell to Opera 12.17 (I won't uninstall you but should I have to format my machine I won't be installing you :cry:)

It can be downloaded at -

https://vivaldi.com

Tried this for 2 months, but shifted back to my favorite Firefox. Nothing great to be excited about in this browser in my opinion

Yeah, didn't even like Opera that much to be honest. Firefox/Palemoon/Chromium is what I use everyday.

Back