Vodafone Idea could go bankrupt if forced to pay Govt's fees

https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ber-porting-capacity/articleshow/74362095.cms

MNP refers to the facility allowing a user to switch telco operators without changing the mobile number. The recipient operator pays a fee to the MNP service provider for processing the request.

“This will be a panic like situation… right now telcos are operating at 70-80% of network utilization. Without additional spectrum, despite all the spectrum farming (reusing 3G spectrum for 4G), splitting one-third subscriber market between two operators will be very difficult,” said SBICap Securities research head Rajiv Sharma.

There have been reports that both rivals have started discussing on how to upgrade their network in case Vodafone Idea goes down. Jio has 370 million while Bharti Airtel has 283 million subscribers.

Vodafone Idea has so far paid Rs 3,500 crore of the DoT’s estimated Rs 57,000 crore dues. The telco estimates its dues to be around Rs 23,000 crore. Experts say the cash-strapped carrier will find it difficult to pay even its own estimated dues in a short period of time.

The telco has said it will be forced to shut down unless it gets some relief on its AGR dues.

This is making the SC happy, I suppose. Was it not enough to extort money from the carrier itself, now that the carrier is extracting them from us?

Recently, Airtel increased its fares on small money top-ups, and Voda will soon follow. Jio is planing on increasing its rates as well. Why does the common man suffer in all of this bureaucracy?
~Engineer.AI

i have one q.
why these dues were allowed to pile up?
why cry foul when you knew it all along that it has to be paid
Its like you are require something and paid me 20% amount and you thought you will pay me later and even though you knew you have to pay me you kept ignoring thinking I will forget and you will save that money. But you were fool as you didnt knew I was planning to screw you badly and this shit happened....

Back