VoIP calls from Viber, Skype Etc.. on Airtel will be Charged

All of us should call Airtel customer support and ask for number portability to bsnl etc
Stating this as reason for migration.

Let's see if it works

I hope bsnl may not follow others, we can keep one bsnl connection for voip

Can members of this forum suggest various idea to protest this. Please don't mention already mentioned one's.

Did:
1. Bash Airtel on Social Media ( Not working)
2. Alert Telecom ministry ( Sleeping)
3. TRAI (says we don't care about Net neutrality officially), unofficially its unethical.

Planning to do:

4. Change.org type protest: Shoot Physical letters to Telecom minister, PM asking to change existing TRAI laws and tell them how its going to Fu*k up Digital India Dreams. Need funding for this!
5. Since social media protests are not working, Can someone compose a message which can convince people to Port out of Airtel ( Even 1000 Port out per day would make an impact)

Suggest any practical Idea.

Attachments

• ScreenShot005.jpg
    ScreenShot005.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 199
  • ScreenShot010.jpg
    ScreenShot010.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 190
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 190
  • ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot003.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 182
  • ScreenShot007.jpg
    ScreenShot007.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 191
  • ScreenShot006.jpg
    ScreenShot006.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 193
  • ScreenShot008.jpg
    ScreenShot008.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 201
  • ScreenShot009.jpg
    ScreenShot009.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Actually, Tata had been 'sorta' doing this for quite some time now. As of now, I cannot see that in the T&C on the Tata Docomo site for Mobile Internet. If you wanted to browse Vimeo, you had to pay 1p/kB, irrespective of whether you have a data pack or not.

I spoke to my RM, he has got no further updates on whether this is applicable to postpaid/prepaid/datacards. In return, I am cancelling my data plan once my billing cycle ends, and am looking to port out.

In view of the news reports that a consultation paper will be issued shortly by TRAI on issues relating to services offered by OTT (over the top content) players including VoIP, we have decided not to implement our proposed launch of VoIP packs," Bharti Airtel said in a statement today.

Something tells me .. this is going to be official and then there will be no stopping.

I don't understand so much noise about the Airtel charging for VoIP. In India on 3G i don't think skype works properly, whenever i used it i had lots of issues that i gave it up using so to me it seems that if airtel charging for VoIP it will not affect me.

If you are able to skype fine on 3g please let me know i may give it try again

I don't understand so much noise about the Airtel charging for VoIP. In India on 3G i don't think skype works properly, whenever i used it i had lots of issues that i gave it up using so to me it seems that if airtel charging for VoIP it will not affect me.

If you are able to skype fine on 3g please let me know i may give it try again

Vodafone user Here. I have done Skype and regularly do facetime while on 3g. Works absolutely fine. Seems the place where you are using it is crappy.
Also "it doesn't affect me" is such a weird statement to make. Such attitude gives a freehand to the telecos.

Vodafone user Here. I have done Skype and regularly do facetime while on 3g. Works absolutely fine. Seems the place where you are using it is crappy.
Also "it doesn't affect me" is such a weird statement to make. Such attitude gives a freehand to the telecos.

Vodafone user here aswell. I am sick of their downtime. From last week I habe may be used 3g for like max 5hours. I have complained but they sent me a mssg saying they will get back to me on this issue after 2nd Jan. :| Aircel's 3G is the best experience really.[DOUBLEPOST=1419882182][/DOUBLEPOST]

just got a call from vodafone CC, they are saying 3G is down for whole HR area. And it'll take 2 more days to fix. ****!

Last edited:
3G can be pretty spotty in some places. I work in Hinjewadi, Pune and almost no operator has good 3G in my office campus. I thought it was only vodafone but nah, it is airtel, idea, docomo all are not having proper 3G and 2G just doesn't work. I am literally without 3G or mobile internet for all the time I am in office and have told my home not to whatsapp me or anything, just call or SMS only during office hours as i will receive the whatsapp only after I am out of this area.

Back