Video Voltage Stabilizer for PC + TV ... low voltage > 90V

anil_sethi

Disciple
I am from small Town, Here in summer voltage is very low in day and night below 100 V, with numerous fluctuation + power cut ( wtf better to live in Village with lantern :| )

so suggest me voltage stabilizer for PC + TV( normal flat tv ) both working at same time.( stabilizer having atleast [Two] 3pin output for TV + PC)

minimum voltage input should be 90 V.

Can u suggest me a best stabilizer.... like v guard or any other brand ? Budget below 3K.

and...

1. How to measure and the difference betn Amps , KVA and Watts ?

2. Will 2 Amps stabilizer serve 2 300 watt equipments ( tv + pc) when voltage is below or equal to 120 voltt ??

sorry but so much confusion ( i am Physics Hons Gradute ... will u beleive it :lol: ) thanks.

Regular stabilizers will not do. Depending on your budget, you need to buy a STEP UP stabilizer, manual or servo. The manual ones should be cheap. several years ago I bought a 500VA one for my PC for about 2K. you will need a higher capacity one since you want to run your TV also.
But its manual, and you will need to switch the voltages using a rotary switch (much like ye olde fan regulators).
After a while, I gave up and bought a servo controlled CVT step up with 2KVA capacity, and it ran my whole house except for the heaters and fridge. That cost me about 10K though

er, buy a bigger manual stepup, and run the wiring to your TV and PC. It should fall within your budget. conventional stabilizers will not handle less than 170V or so. These will easily handle 90V.
You really dont have an option here :p

For your requirement you will need a servo stabilizer with a wider range windings. This would increase the voltage from 100 to 230. It would cost you around 8-15k depending on the exact requirements, but given your budget you cannot find a servo stabilizer within 3k range

Back