Voltage Stabilizer for Treadmill ?

PaulBarber

Disciple
Guys,

Has anyone used a stabilizer with their treadmill?

My 2 year old treadmill's motor went up in smoke. The replacement motor cost Rs 7000/- :mad:

The service engineer said voltage fluctuations are the problem and adviced me to buy a stabilizer for the treadmill. Funny - they never told me this when I bought the unit. Now only after the warranty and all is over they tell me :S

Anyways it's a 3HP motor, so they adviced me to get a 3KVA stabilizer. Any recommendations on which stabilizer would be good?

I'm a noob as far as stabilizers are concerned. Are there different varieties of stabilizers or something? I was planning to get a V-guard one (they have a good reputation).

Thanks...

Voltage stabilizer is a must have for any costly electrical equipment in India.

Buddy, you please check for the motor rating in watts. The motor in my treadmill is 2 HP but the actual wattage is 800 watts. And I am using a 2 kva stabilizer.

Hell for sure its needed.

Using it for last 10 years or so. Or else it may skip while you are doing treadmill.

I have some BLUEBIRD with mine..

Thanks folks.

@jennifer - Good..thanks...so I think I'll go with vguard then.

@smash - yeah I'll check the rating. Even I was wondering how it can be 3HP - coz it plugs into a 5A socket. 230V x 5A = 1150W (Max), so it surely cannot take the full 3HP.

3HP means 2.2 KW which a 5A socket should not be able to supply :S
Maybe it's peak power or something.

I have been using 4KVA BLUEBIRD with BH Fitness Columbia Pro Treadmill (3.5 HP) since last more than 3 years and it is working fine.

Update: I bought a V-guard VG400 stabilizer (4KVA). They didnt have a 3KVA one for V-guard (they had some other local brand but I wanted Vguard).

Cost me Rs 2500. It is designed for use with ACs (up to 1.5 tonne) but should be good enough for my treadmill.

Where can i buy a BLUBIRD or a V-guard 3/4KVA stabilizer for my treadmill. its a 1.5HP motored Stayfit sf-299 model one.

Thanks in Adv.

Back