Voltage stabilizer needed for 280+V

Venkat14

Recruit
Hi have a split ac and the problem is that the voltage during certain times goes above 260 or above, as a result its not working which mainly occurs at night.
Day time it works normally.

Have a vguard vg 400 stabilizer now (working range 170-270 V), which is safe guarding. So need a suggestion, so that voltage stablizes to normal limits.

Last edited:
Ya stabilizer does the job of protecting ac, but the ac cant be used at night time as the voltage shoots up.
Do you mean the stabilizer outputs 260v, if so then you need to get the power company to rectify the fault, or if you have a three phase connection, try changing it to a different phase.

Most stabilizes in India can handle voltages of 280 to 290v input and give a output of 250v, if you need a voltage of 250v even with a input of 300v to 320v then you need to get a custom wound servo stabilizer, which will cost upwards of 10k.

Do you mean the stabilizer outputs 260v, if so then you need to get the power company to rectify the fault, or if you have a three phase connection, try changing it to a different phase.

Most stabilizes in India can handle voltages of 280 to 290v input and give a output of 250v, if you need a voltage of 250v even with a input of 300v to 320v then you need to get a custom wound servo stabilizer, which will cost upwards of 10k.

Have not checked the output voltage from VG400(170-270V OV) but the input voltage seems high on single phase connection and so i see that the VG400 shows cutoff light (red light).
I am not at the location so cant check voltage, last time when i saw voltage was 282V.

Asked parents to call up electricity department, but I can't say they will get it sorted, as its a village and it occurs after at nights when its 3 phase or reverse.

Also this is the ac I am on
Sharp AH-XP18MV 1.5Ton Eco-Inverter Air Conditioner connected on VG400

Also can you recommend a servo stabilizer.

Devices to be connected. Luminous Zeilo 1100, 50 inch tv, fridge, 1.5 ton ac and few lights and fans

Last edited:
The VG400 is the most basic stabilizer, you should have gone with a VGB500 or VEW500 plus. These both are rated upto 300v input, since they are suited for 2 ton normal Ac and yours being only a 1.5 inverter Ac, you can use the excess capacity to power the fridge,tv, fan, lights along with the inverter.

If you go for a servo stablizer, a 5kva should suffice for you and since these are heavy you need to source one locally, considering the lockdown, there are no known brands all of them for the most part will work well.

yeah i meant it as a joke, but srsly the VEW500+ is 9-10K - wth! It's like money has no value - which kind of makes sense: if domestic technology lags monetization and you have income disparity, money concentrates in the hands of a few, causing them to throw cash at services/goods

Back