VOVINet Broadband 16 Mbps UL Rs.3300/- | 35 MBPS Rs. 1799/-

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Has anyone heard of VOVINet Broadband?

Their plans are quite impressive, will they be able to provide such speeds is another question.

2013_08_30_12_15_21_Vovinet_High_Speed_Broadba.png

Link: http://www.vovinet.in/broadband.html#smartpacks

I am guessing these are based on FTTH. Plans look good but never heard of this till now. Have requested a callback from their contact page. Will update once I get a call from them.
Will be inquiring about areas covered, installation costs, yearly discounts, hub availability.

^ they don't monitor their email, actually none of them do, best way to get in touch is call them up.

I have called them and gave my address & contact number, they told me they will speak to the "area engineer" and see if the connections are available in my area.

a few weird things i noticed here....

1. VOVI Blast 10_5 plan for Rs 599 with FUP of 5GB and 1 MBPS afterwards... so essentially you'd be getting 1 MBPS @ 599 whereas VoVI Mach 1 (1 MBPS plan) is Rs. 1000/-
2. VOVI Blast 25_10 plan for Rs 999 with FUP of 10GB and 2 MBPS afterwards... here you'd be getting 2 MBPS for 1000 whereas VOVI Mach 2 is for Rs. 1300/-

Same goes for the rest of the Blast plans

The best one in my opinion is the Blast 35_30 plan for 1799 with FUP of 30GB and 10 MBPS afterwards... here you'd be getting unlimited 10 MBPS for less than 2k which is awesome!!

Meh. I checked them a year back. It seems they forgot to Remove/modify old plans.

2013_08_30_12_15_21_Vovinet_High_Speed_Broadba.png

I Guess LCO will add up more 300-500 Bucks + ST to make plans more reasonable.[DOUBLEPOST=1377853682][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am guessing these are based on FTTH. Plans look good but never heard of this till now. Have requested a callback from their contact page. Will update once I get a call from them.
Will be inquiring about areas covered, installation costs, yearly discounts, hub availability.
FTTH may be for townships or Newly Built societies, They basically tie up with the construction party.
Normally in Brown field areas it will be FTTB..

Last edited:
^ LCO's are greedy !@##@! 300 - 500 wont cut it for them.. they usually take 10 - 15 % cut

I am still waiting for VOVINet to callback :( they said our "area engineer" will call you back in 20 mins, that was at 12:30 PM now its 3:30 :p

^ i don't thinks it matters whether you are a heavy downloader or not.
Internet Experience on a say 4 MBPS plan would be much better than on a 512 kbps plan. whether you download or not is a different topic.

I would not consider myself as a heavy downloader as well, by my monthly broadband usage is around 300GB some may consider this number as a heavy usage whereas some may not.

Yes i agree with you.. Speed matters.. why i am referring to the Term Downloader cuz we get 4mbps up to some 20's GB's(Uploads don't count) from Beam again that would be okay for Minimum downloading for 670 inc Taxes and I will be Getting the same 4mbps unlimited for 750 inc tax.

Back