VPN recommendations?

r19

Disciple
I need a reliable VPN which gives good speed I.e stream 1080p and 2k from multiple sites which should be around 13mbps when I'm getting 16-20mbps. It should also be good enough for general browsing and stable speeds TO various Int servers. I want to use vpn servers in or near India. It should be sufficient if it can encrypt my traffic and hide from ISP snooping and do occasional torrent download without complaints. And be secure for general stuff.

I've listed some options pia, expressvpn, ipvanish, truevpn. But all reliable reviews are for outside servers and some are conflicting. Also there is WAY too much shilling including VPN 'review' sites, forum shills with few comments etc. So Id like recommendations from people who are using VPN.

I checked out the free version and it was getting 5-6 Mbps on a euro server. I don't have access to PC now so can't test to euro directly. I'd like if someone can vouch for Indian servers by testing speed from them to international servers. I guess I'll just buy the money back ones otherwise. My budget is around 6usd a month.

Yeah India and Singapore servers didn't have torrent support. And when I tried Hongkong, I got just about 20% of my current download speed and upload wasn't good at all. I have 125 down/up but got 28down / 14up with the vpn.

I was not sure about Singapore for torrents as I heard they were strict for copyright. I won't be using torrents so much so it isn't that big a factor. Also, is your connection giving 100mbps on Taiwan servers on speed test? It might be much lesser which can justify the result.

I thought many more people would be using VPN with poor routing and ISP capping and now jio. I would get a VPN with cash back this week

Back