VU Premium android 43 Inch 4K TV 43-OA Need Help

Blue Leaf

Voice of Voiceless
Disciple
I brought the VU Premium android 43 Inch 4K TV 43-OA, This TV has the best panel in budget segment, Its a VA panel (deep black levels ) with good brightness and great static contrast ratio. Most budget TVs lack good brightness and contrast ratio. Build quality feels good according to price and coming to sound output it decent, I have seen better in this price range. Remote quality feels very very cheap.

Note : Netflix app didn't come pre-installed (but available in play store) and Amazon prime video is not available in play store. Although I side loaded amazon prime video oreo tv and other apps. Opening netflix app gives a popup everytime which says "Warning This device is not optimized for Netflix(-14)" If you click ok it goes away.

Here are the problems I am facing :

While playing any content from any OTT apps in 4K, 1080p the video quality is like RAW footage of a live video. There is no lag whats so ever but videos look very RAW.

I specially brought this tv to watch Netflix, prime video and live tv using oreo tv app. But due to this issue it doesn't feel like I am watching a movie or any tv series. Everything feels like a RAW unprocessed video. It feels really weird while watching like this.

secondary issue, while playing videos in YouTube sometime it video freezes (The RAW video effect is present here too)

Although Flipkart site say 43 OA with cricket mode, The model I received doesn't actually have cricket mode. (Not a big deal at all)

Anybody who has purchased VU Premium Android TV, Can you please confirm if you people are also facing the same issue like me ?

I don't understand what this Raw footage you are talking about but there is a thing called motion smoothing effect which makes video run(refresh) faster than it actually is so you should turn that off.
I have 50 inch model and I saw cricket mode but haven't used it because it is most likely placebo.
I will tell you how to activate it when I get back.

Last edited:
I don't understand what this Raw footage you are talking about but there is a thing called motion smoothing effect which makes video run(refresh) faster than it actually is so you should turn that off.
I have 50 inch model and I saw cricket mode but haven't used it because it is most likely placebo.
I will tell you how to activate it when I get back.
RAW footage as in it feels like soap opera. Doesn't feel like am watching a movie.

I have motion Smoothing turned off.

RAW footage as in it feels like soap opera. Doesn't feel like am watching a movie.

That's called ultra smooth motion or motion smoothening not RAW footage.

Simply turn it off in settings. By default it's enabled in all apps, for each app you use you need to turn it off. Open the app then go to settings within the app and turn off ultra smooth motion and then the soap opera effect will be gone.

for cricket mode go to settings<picture<picture mode<cricket
to disable motion smoothing go to settings<picture<advanced<ultra smooth motion<off.
Now check if your problem is solved.
After changing these settings there is an option in settings on the bottom where it says "apply settings to current source or all sources".
Change that to all sources so it takes effect everywhere.

Back