Graphic Cards Wait or buy 5870

I don't see any reason why you should upgrade immediately.

Even if you're not interested in the price cuts that will happen what should interest you are the overclocked 5870s and possibly a 5890 being released alongside the Fermis.

will the cosair tx 650 be sufficient i dont want to over spent and get greedy. is tx 650 is good enought for my current rig with 470 or 5870 or 90?? so ill have 23k left for the card it should be enough right?????if u say yes for 650 ill buy it and use my 7900gt till the card come and settle down hope fully my tv series will keep me busy

psdatta2005 said:
will the cosair tx 650 be sufficient i dont want to over spent and get greedy. is tx 650 is good enought for my current rig with 470 or 5870 or 90?? so ill have 23k left for the card it should be enough right?????if u say yes for 650 ill buy it and use my 7900gt till the card come and settle down hope fully my tv series will keep me busy

I think even a VX550 could make the cut,but a TX650 would easily do it.

If you are buying a new PSU,why dont you get the Seasonic X650?

fermi is nothing but the hype it is no big deal by nvidia they are still working on thr drivers to settle the power consumption issue if you cant wait go for 5870 its a great card or wait for fermi launch if nvidia crack something big(which i think they will not) then fermi will swoop the competition.

Ati can't increase there performance with drivers or even make them properly work ......... ON the other hand the drivers nvidia will later release for the GTX4xx will make them about 30% - 40% faster from there ati counterparts ............... U can already see how they manged to boost the performance on there GTX2xx just with good drivers released later ..........

DevinWolf said:
Ati can't increase there performance with drivers or even make them properly work ......... ON the other hand the drivers nvidia will later release for the GTX4xx will make them about 30% - 40% faster from there ati counterparts ............... U can already see how they manged to boost the performance on there GTX2xx just with good drivers released later ..........

Do you work for Nvidia PR ? :rofl:

Yes :D

Seriously see how they boosted the performance on the GTX2xx with the drivers ........

And I don't think there driver making department ( or whatever they call it )has changed....

DevinWolf said:
Yes :D

Seriously see how they boosted the performance on the GTX2xx with the drivers ........
And I don't think there driver making department ( or whatever they call it )has changed....

I just hope you are right buddy, we don't want ATI to dominate the market...

DevinWolf said:

ATI releases more drivers than nVidia. And they are just as good for the ATI accelerators. I can show you just as many people complaining about nVidia drivers. I think the ATI drivers are working just fine. See the 10.3s, the boost is phenomenal for the HD5xxx series.

It is pretty obvious that the 'later' drivers which are released once the Fermi is let out, will be better. Does that not happen with all products..? It is tested then released to the masses. Once the feedback pours in, better drivers are coded, compiled and released. I.E. known as 'driver maturing'. But it cannot be said straight off the bat, that this process will make them 30-40% faster than the ATI cards.

rajan1311 said:
I just hope you are right buddy, we don't want ATI to dominate the market...

Well its not ATI I'm worried about.I hate the bullshit tactics Nvidia used to market its physics prowess in Batman AA.The physics effects were good but nothing spectacular and not something that couldn't have been done by ATI cards but the made sure ATI card performance was really ****ed up :mad:

I only hope the don't become so insecure and start doing the same shit with the 3D monitor gaming stuff and all.

According to what I've gathered:-

HD5970 > GTX480 > HD5870 > GTX470 > HD5850
649$ > 499$ > 399$ > 349$ > 299$

There you go! Now go figure.

I suggest you buy HD5870 now, unless you aim for a GTX480. First of all, mass availability is planned for 6th April, and that's just for Europe and US most probably, it will take a month to reach India. And go figure, I'm sure vendors are gonna price it high in the beginning, it's the first REAL nVidia card in ages!!!!

Back