Walmart now owns Flipkart; Deal completed at $16B

As opposed to what? In most of the mom and pop shops, the employees are paid a pittance.

The exception is the family owned and family run shops.
My reason is that these online stores will displace far more people than they will hire as delivery boys. So many people without jobs as a result

walmart-snip.png

https://www.livemint.com/Money/V0Xa...rs-have-started-writing-off-the-Flipkart.html

Just before traders congregated at the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday, Walmart Inc. announced it will invest $16 billion (around Rs1.08 trillion) to buy a 77% stake in Flipkart, one of India’s largest e-commerce companies.

The US company’s investors weren’t impressed at all. Walmart shares lost around $8 billion in value on Wednesday, taking the total loss since April to $17.5 billion. It seems a large part of its Flipkart investment is already being considered a write-off by investors.

^ you're wrong if you think they will buy from Indian sellers.

Wallmart / Amazon isn't going to buy from India. They will buy from China where it is 10x cheaper and dump it here for almost no profit and destroy local economy and shops.Expect lending rates of shops to decrease in 3-4 years. The same is happening in America. Most of local hardware / electrical / computer shops have gone out of business when such big corporations start selling to people at cheaper than shipping rates. Their local shops closed and people went in debt due to job losses. Even some areas the local realty rates fell down.

Even Ikea is planning huge country wide stores coming up in 2-3 years. If Costco or other wholesale retailers like them make an entry I'm expecting a big crash in housing rates and realty. It could take another 5-10 years or won't even happen. When ever I thought realty would crash, it increased even more and almost doubled in 2-4 years. Mumbai became land of crorepatis in just 5 years.
I no doubly support your opinions, but not worth debating in an online topic.. I am interested to know about your thoughts/opinions..
You will check my PM in while, my opinions differ/hinder a bit then yours.. but we do care....[DOUBLEPOST=1526294222][/DOUBLEPOST]
Always remember 1 thing in life if your quality is good then no company or cheap item can beat you or ur company. Provide best customer service and best quality. The customers would always stay loyal to you
+1
Very Very well said, same is scenario worldwide..
This big BRANDS can never FLEX there MUSCLES on real business providers..
(India is rich of same) SERVICES ![DOUBLEPOST=1526294502][/DOUBLEPOST]Whatever it is both "AMAZON" "wallmart" are non-indians..
We all Indians will face a good result for next 1-5 years... but after same..

These outsiders will start MUNCHING us...
Any ideas to BOYCOTT/KICK-OFF both wallmart and amazon from India ?

Last edited:
Days after receiving the green light from the Competition Commission of India (CCI), US-based Walmart said it had completed its $16-billion acquisition of India’s largest e-commerce firm Flipkart.

Walmart said Flipkart’s existing management team led by CEO Kalyan Krishnamurthy will continue to lead the business. Existing investors Tencent Holdings Ltd and Tiger Global Management will remain represented on the Flipkart board, Walmart said.

https://www.livemint.com/Companies/...t-completes-16billion-buyout-of-Flipkart.html

-------------------------------------------------------​

Since, We dont have proper data laws, your data with Flipkart is now in the hands of Walmart!

even ebay usa probably has all data of ebay india people by now. FK bought and messed up ebay india. i don't think the managers know what they're doing besides pumping money and running sales campaigns.

Back