Laptops Want A Lappy Fast!!!! Sony Vaio???

Hi Guys,

I was in a thought which lappy to buy and then i remembered that what better place to get suggestions than this place, so ..........

My Budget is around 1Lakh,
and i want something High end and stylish, bioth for Gaming and Office ( :dead: ) purpose.....

Brand Wise i will MOST DEFINITELY stay away from DELL.....I was thinking SONY VAIO VGN-FE28GP?

How is that?

Anyother which i should look at?
I am in India and have very little time before i get tangled in the world of WORK again in Kolkata so please tell me.......Help Me Out...

Thanx.

i think you can go for a dell xps M1210 .. few people have it here and given have given positive feedback on it .. check out the review section for its review too

and its under a lac

I saw it but the Screen size is small 12.1 I called DELL and they started telling me all the upgrades i have to do and all...,

Can anyone give me an honest review of SONY VAIO?

The M65 comes with a Quadro FX, which is actually slower than a geForce for gaming. Plus it has the older core duo processor. The m1210 comes with core 2 duo and geforce 7400.

Agreed but guys i just called DELL and they said that i will have to PUT NVIDIA CARD in it, i have to add DVD Writer, Bluetooth and all.... The only good thing they told me was that my shipping will be within 6 days and no taxes (well i should say thanks to my Company for that LOL )....still dont you think if i keep putting addons to it and on a smaller screen, it will be bit too much?

The only two stylish small and sleek yet powerful models currently available are the Vaio SZ and the XPS 1210...

If a discrete GFX card is something you don't need or want, you can also look at The Compaq B1800 series (Another small & stylish machine) which should be in the 55K price range

If you are keen to stay away from the dell, the Vaio SZ fits the bill...Having said that, a few months ago, I was in a dilemma which one to go for

Eventually opted for the Dell coz the Vaio sz felt too fragile esp. for someone like me who finds it impossible to handle stuff with care...

Add to it the fact that I opted for the Dell even though I was getting an at par pricing deal on the Vaio SZ, whereas if you are planning to buy here, an equally Specced SZ will have an approx 50% higher price

Review->

http://www.techenclave.com/forums/review-dell-xps-m1210-small-mean-77193.html?highlight=M1210

There was another thread in which I had asked for advice on helping me choose between the Vaio SZ and the XPS but can't seem to find out...

Try searching for that thread as it should help you in getting a better comparison between the two

Edit: ah, never realized you are also looking at 15"ers

BUT

My Budget is around 1Lakh,

and i want something High end and stylish, both for Gaming and Office ( ) purpose.....

IMHO a Stylish 15"er is an Oxymoron :p

You should be looking at the 12/13" size range for this

Thanx Mate that was some Nice Help.....yeah SZ is expensive here....lemme see a little more and most probably on Monday i shud have one or the other....

Go For The Sony Vaio's

Ar18gp :- It Has A Blu Ray Dvd Rw,200gb Hdd,core Duo 1.8 Ghz And A Mind Blowing 256mb 7600gs Graphics Card Integrated Suitable For Mid And High End Gaming.also Forgot Tht It Has A 17 Inch Extra Wide Screen And 1 Gigs Of Main Ram (non Shared)>>>>>> Goes For Around 1 Lakh 50 Thousand !!!
Just Shell Out 50 Grants More And You Can Get A One Of A Kind Beastly Machine...

hellscream666 said:
Come On Guys 16 Views and no comments????? :huh:

Go For The Sony Vaio's

Ar18gp :- It Has A Blu Ray Dvd Rw,200gb Hdd,core Duo 1.8 Ghz And A Mind Blowing 256mb 7600gs Graphics Card Integrated Suitable For Mid And High End Gaming.also Forgot Tht It Has A 17 Inch Extra Wide Screen And 1 Gigs Of Main Ram (non Shared)>>>>>> Goes For Around 1 Lakh 50 Thousand !!!
Just Shell Out 50 Grants More And You Can Get A One Of A Kind Beastly Machine...:hap2: :hap2: :hap2:

:cool2:

:) What about the acer ferrari and the asus lamborghini...

They are ver high on the style department...u can check the config and the price.

Back