Monitors Want to buy a 12" to 14" inch desktop LCD monitor.

puneetritehere

Racer911
Adept
Hey guys. .I want to buy an LCD desktop monitor anywhere between 12 to 14 inches.. widescreen aspect ratio will be highly preferable. and the higher the resolution the better.

Its fine even if its second hand.. (someone here on TE wants to sell???)

Plus, i dont need any modern connectivity options. .a VGA port will be absolutely fine.. but i do want higher resolutions of around 1280 x 720.

most of the options that i have seen online dont have desktop LCD monitors in these sizes. plz help me.

Even though i am on a budget, plz suggest without worrying about the price..

Why so small? When everybody seems to go big now a days! Also it would help if you specify your budget.

i am gonna start building my own LCD projector. hence, wanna keep screen size to a minimum. the bigger the screen, the bigger the projector will be and more powerful lamps will be required for it. .i wanna build one for my home. theres an unused hall on the 1st floor perfect for a home theatre setting.. i have always fantasized of having a projection screen but the projectors are way too expensive for me...plus, the building process will be fun and satisfying.. so basically, if i have a small screen with higher resolution, the projector will be compact and the sharpness of the projection will be more..
<

dont worry about budget. first i wanna know if this size desktop LCDs are available anywhere.. cant use laptop LCDs coz it wont have the proper prefitted ports like the desktop panel will have. and i am unable to find smaller desktop LCD's. i had a 14 inch 4:3 aspect ratio earlier, but that finally gave in after service of about 7 yrs.

I have seen 14" screen sized monitor, but nothing below it till date. I guess you can get a used 14" for darn cheap from a computer repair shop. native resolution expected to be around 1280x1024. But have a seen widescreen dell 14-15" at a cyber cafe near my house. I think you do have a chance of getting a wide small screen after all. And yeah all the best for the experiment, Mr. Scientist!
<

I have seen 14" screen sized monitor, but nothing below it till date. I guess you can get a used 14" for darn cheap from a computer repair shop. native resolution expected to be around 1280x1024. But have a seen widescreen dell 14-15" at a cyber cafe near my house. I think you do have a chance of getting a wide small screen after all. And yeah all the best for the experiment, Mr. Scientist!
<

thks . .
<
and no. i am no scientist.. infact, the DIY LCD projector is a very popular online project.. lots of people have made their own projectors and with creative designs too. .the first timers build the easiest box model, while those who have sculpting and fabrication skills, have made really good looking wooden projectors.

heheh.. so the experiment will not be of the technology or concept, but mainly whether I am able to build it properly with precision or not..
<
i dont get measurements and alignment right, i will have to start all over again..
<
<
<

see. right now i checked.. theres a group of people who are into this . and selling fresnel lens on ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/100-INCH-BIG-TV-TELEVISION-VIDEO-PROJECTOR-DIY-PROJECTOR-FRESNEL-LENS-/110824920574?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item19cdae15fe

although, i am still a little skeptical about the quality .. i wouldnt spending a few extra hundred bucks if it means some better quality lens.. but i guess, if these guys have made their projector with this, i should be fine for a first timer. later on, if i feel theres something better quality available, i can always upgrade the projector. in the same setup..
<

one more link i found is this.. http://www.3dlens.com/shop/ but it will have to shipped from here.. still searching.. if you guys found any good places to buy the projection lens, plz lemme know..

wow
<

if you make this right, we will make you a hit
<

you made me curious

i've a spare led backlight monitor
<

and i'm thinking of sacrificing it
<

wow
<

if you make this right, we will make you a hit
<

you made me curious

i've a spare led backlight monitor
<

and i'm thinking of sacrificing it
<

seriously?? if its not more than 14" i am willing to buy second hand!!!
<

and what does making me a hit with a tongue icon mean??
<
<

Hi guys.. bumping again.. if anyone has lcd monitors not more than 14 inches to sell, i am willing to buy one for my hobby project.. i have got almost everything in place..getting the monitor is becoming a major hurdle..

#puneetritehere, Please open a listing in Classifieds if you want to buy lcd from members here. Buying and selling is not allowed in the tech sections.

#puneetritehere, Please open a listing in Classifieds if you want to buy lcd from members here. Buying and selling is not allowed in the tech sections.

sorry.. i posted unknowingly.. but i remember once going to the members market section.. and i was not allowed to start a new topic.. in place of the start a new topic button, it was written you cannot start a new topic.

oh sorry.. i didnt check out the separate classifieds section.. i will advertise over there. its not a prob. if you wanna lock this thread..

Back