Want to buy a shaver + trimmer

Hi guys ,
I am looking for a shaver + trimmer.

My budget is 5k.

i found this
cruZer face shavers - Braun

Braun Cruzer6 Shaver: Flipkart.com

then i read reviews about this product and got many -ve points.

Can anyone suggest me any other shaver
Brands : Any
Cordless : yes
Budget : 5k
Beard type : thick & dense

I have the Cruzer4. If the beard is even 3 days old, it really does not work too well (the foil cannot catch the hair). Also if your face structure is "sharp" -meaning- you are kind of thin, so it is difficult to get to the surface, and the shaver misses the bristles. But yea, when it "catches" and "cuts"; the shave is super duper smooth. If you are shaving everyday (the bristles stay short and can be grabbed); then this device is good. But if you get lazy, and let the hair grow out, you will first have to use the trimmer, and then the foil. It will really not save you time, which most people say, these devices do.

+1 to asingh suggestion. These electric shavers are not good. My beard is also very thick and dense (sadly I cant say the same about the hair on my head :(), I have used a Philips shaver long time back, but it was real bad. If I had a one day old stubble, it worked OK, but two days, and I had to do several rounds to clean up all the stubble; and yet it used to miss a hair here & there. As a trimmer it will work fine but certainly not as a shaver. I currently used a Philips trimmer and cut my beard to #4 and liberated my self of all shaving troubles! :p

These shavers suck man. I bought this philips thing for 2.5K, to shave off the shrubs on and around the scrotum. The machine was so smart that with the hair, it also took away some skin :( Hurts man. Won't ever touch these lousy gadgets again.

+1 to asingh suggestion. These electric shavers are not good. My beard is also very thick and dense (sadly I cant say the same about the hair on my head :(), I have used a Philips shaver long time back, but it was real bad. If I had a one day old stubble, it worked OK, but two days, and I had to do several rounds to clean up all the stubble; and yet it used to miss a hair here & there. As a trimmer it will work fine but certainly not as a shaver. I currently used a Philips trimmer and cut my beard to #4 and liberated my self of all shaving troubles! :p

Yea, that is the thing. There are some areas (like next to the adam's apple); which it can never ever catch, no matter how much the hair growth is there. My beard is not that thick, and the density per square cm is quite low also. When I have a best in class razor type, Cruzer4, but still am not satisfied. If one can build up the daily shave regime, then it is good, but my one is still missing some sectors. Wonder why these are such a hit.

These shavers suck man. I bought this philips thing for 2.5K, to shave off the shrubs on and around the scrotum. The machine was so smart that with the hair, it also took away some skin :( Hurts man. Won't ever touch these lousy gadgets again.
Got mine as a gift, so making do with it. :)

are we assuming that the OP is a guy?[without looking at the links] :) kidding.. Don't know about shavers but using a philips trimmer for more than two years no complains at all, works as designed. I believe they have a shaver with trimmer kinda solution too..but it will not be as good as the barun shaver u mentioned in your post above..

Got an ER260KK from indiatimes For some Rs 970 after canceling order on flipkart of Rs 1450. Working good ! Recommended for a trimmer.

I have the Cruzer4. If the beard is even 3 days old, it really does not work too well (the foil cannot catch the hair). Also if your face structure is "sharp" -meaning- you are kind of thin, so it is difficult to get to the surface, and the shaver misses the bristles. But yea, when it "catches" and "cuts"; the shave is super duper smooth. If you are shaving everyday (the bristles stay short and can be grabbed); then this device is good. But if you get lazy, and let the hair grow out, you will first have to use the trimmer, and then the foil. It will really not save you time, which most people say, these devices do.

Time is not the matter for me.
All i need is a good shave and i will shave only after 2-3 days ,my beard is not like so dense its normal dense.

I have the time to trim and then shave. Then will this device give good results.

And what about the quality of the product.

And i have seen more of braun shaver and seems like series 5 is good.

http://www.flipkart.com/braun-570-s...RENU&ref=30ce6fca-1824-4875-ad75-c7d4a0c6a646

Time is not the matter for me.
All i need is a good shave and i will shave only after 2-3 days ,my beard is not like so dense its normal dense.

I have the time to trim and then shave. Then will this device give good results.

And what about the quality of the product.

Then you should be fine. Quality is damn good. I can hold my one under a running stream of H20 to keep it clean and follicle free. I though feel, I get a closer shave with the electrical vs. the manual. Specially the upper lip and chin area. Smooooooo----oooth...! :)

Well then i am going for cruzer6.

Any suggestion on where to buy it from.
Seen peppeyfry , flipkart , shopclues and more but found that flipkart has the best price.

Since you have a dense beard, what you need to look for is a Bear & Head trimmer; not the regular shaver. I recently sold a Braun Cruzer 6 B&H Trimmer on the forum. I still have a battery operated Braun Cruzer 6 Precision Trimmer(for precise beard styling) which has better reviews than the ones from Philips/Panasonic.

Back