Want to buy LG 6 Motion Direct Drive Washing Machine..

Highest capacity for the weight rating are either Bosch or Siemens 6kg. if your Haier was belt driven chances are it will be similar in size. So look at the 7kg models too. At 7kg the LG is also a contender. Below that size LG are all the same and will likely be smaller than what you had.

7kg will be in the 39-42k range.

Panasonics are cheaper but like samsung are relatively new to the game so not in the same league as LG or Bosch/siemens in terms of support.

One curious thing i've noticed with the bosch/siemens is the models with no digital display are not susceptible to water tank height requirements. They'll work even with a tank lower than 30 feet. However ones with digital displays are more strict. Though at the height you mentioned ithink you will be ok.

If there was no residue when boiling it means the permanent hardness was low. Thing is you won't be washing clothes at that temp but rather lower. Well, you can do boil washes but only for durable cottons.

How did you find cleaning performance ? did you have to dose at hard water levels or just the minimum dosage.

Which detergents did you use and which worked best.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will probably pick up the LG since it has good reviews elsewhere. Will post back once i do.

Cleaning performance with the Haier was good. By dosage, do you mean detergent added?

Ariel did the best job but even the lower cost Wheel powder used occasionally did a decent job.

Which Ariel did you use ? complete or matic

Some people say they get away with complete with forty degree & lower washes, but it ends up over foaming and making a mess at higher temperatures. matic is just a low sudsing powder that works at higher temps for front loaders. Its more pricey than complete.

Dosage isn't mentioned depending on water hardness on their Indian site but from the UK site

With hard water
- for lightly stained or to freshen up its the same
- for visibly stained you need to use 25% more
- for filthy you need to use 75% more

freshen up means clothes kept in the closet but never worn.
lightly stained is anything that does not come into contact with skin.
visibly stained is normal soil or anything that is in direct contact with skin.

Thing is its hard to tell whether you're using enough or too little. Looks clean (optical brighteners), smells clean (perfume) but is it really clean. When soiling is less its harder still to know. When soiling is more the premium ones perform better.

The increased dosage is to counteract the hard water. This is one of the features the premium detergents have over cheaper ones. They also help to keep the pH closer to neutral which preserves the life of the drum support. Cheaper detergents increase the ph to clean and this corrodes the support faster.

Wheel by the way is a tier 3 detergent, not recommended in a FL or with the kind of water you have. Just for hand washing.

Last edited:
@blr_p
First , I am amzaed with so much detail you've explained so many points. I learned things about washing machine which i never knew. Thanks !

Secondly , I am looking to buy top loading fully automatic machine. I have zeroed on to two models.

1. Whirlpool Bloomwash 360 (8kg) which im getting for around 28k
2. LG 6 motion Direct Drive Top loading Model :T8018AEEP5 (7.5kg) costing 34k approx.

Initially , I was tilted to buy LG , considering Direct Drive Technology which is the latest until someone told me that LG has 2 problems compared to Whirlpool >
a) It has its PCB in front compared to Whirpool which has it @ the back of the lid , so chances of water getting into it are higher if we take out clothes in bw the washing cycles sometimes. And therefore Maintainance cost higher.

b) If we overload Direct Drive MAchines with extra weight it will result in a very high wear and tear of the components as compared to Conventinal Belt type Washing Machines and therefore Maintainace Costs are higher.

Also , He pointed out that if Direct Drive was so succesfull , Why Whirpool and other companies have not launched it yet ?

Whats your opinion ? Which one I should Go for ?
( 4 people wash frequency - 5 days a week)

@blr_p
First , I am amzaed with so much detail you've explained so many points. I learned things about washing machine which i never knew. Thanks !

Secondly , I am looking to buy top loading fully automatic machine. I have zeroed on to two models.

1. Whirlpool Bloomwash 360 (8kg) which im getting for around 28k
2. LG 6 motion Direct Drive Top loading Model :T8018AEEP5 (7.5kg) costing 34k approx.

Initially , I was tilted to buy LG , considering Direct Drive Technology which is the latest until someone told me that LG has 2 problems compared to Whirlpool >
a) It has its PCB in front compared to Whirpool which has it @ the back of the lid , so chances of water getting into it are higher if we take out clothes in bw the washing cycles sometimes. And therefore Maintainance cost higher.

b) If we overload Direct Drive MAchines with extra weight it will result in a very high wear and tear of the components as compared to Conventinal Belt type Washing Machines and therefore Maintainace Costs are higher.

Also , He pointed out that if Direct Drive was so succesfull , Why Whirpool and other companies have not launched it yet ?

Whats your opinion ? Which one I should Go for ?
( 4 people wash frequency - 5 days a week)

Oh, I am SO IN THE SAME BOAT. I was going to create a thread in hopes of getting more info on the Whirlpool Bloomwash 360.

I just wanna know how is the quality of this product and what kind of failure rate it has. I just don't wanna end up spending 25k and it doesn't give me peace of mind for at least 3 to 4 years.

Also, I live in a flat with about 20 minutes of high-pressure water from building every morning, and we have an overhead tank, which fills up. I had done some research early last year about this same model and some people here on TE had this model, and they said the overhead tank filling the machine was fine.

The overhead tank is about 12 feet up from the ground. Do you guys think it's enough?

I just wanna buy something that provides good service and less manual interaction for my wife because so far she has been using semi-automatics and putting clothes manually and then taking them out and putting them back again in the dryer, etc. Am just trying to reduce her workload :)

What would you guys suggest me :)

Edit: Oh and blr_p, Hats off to you man. Fantastic detailed info. Would appreciate more info about the Whirlpool Bloomwash 360. Thanx a lot in advance man :)

Also, I live in a flat with about 20 minutes of high-pressure water from building every morning, and we have an overhead tank, which fills up. I had done some research early last year about this same model and some people here on TE had this model, and they said the overhead tank filling the machine was fine.

The overhead tank is about 12 feet up from the ground. Do you guys think it's enough?
Yes

specs for the bloomwash say water pressure must be between 0.2 kg/cm2 - 7kg/cm2 or which is 0.2 - 7 bar. The manual confirms that the minimum height should be no less than 10 feet.

So water pressure resulting from a drop anywhere from 2 meters (6.5 feet) to 70meters :)

I think it should be able to handle that 20 minutes of high water pressure.

I just wanna know how is the quality of this product and what kind of failure rate it has.
Can't advise on this, you would have to speak to owners that have this model and experience with whirlpool. Most important is their service network in the city where you live. If its a tier-1 then should be decent, tier-2 and below can be iffy.

I just don't wanna end up spending 25k and it doesn't give me peace of mind for at least 3 to 4 years.

I just wanna buy something that provides good service and less manual interaction for my wife because so far she has been using semi-automatics and putting clothes manually and then taking them out and putting them back again in the dryer, etc. Am just trying to reduce her workload :)

What would you guys suggest me :)
A lot of this will depend on not abusing the machine or else it will void your warranty. Std 2 yr warranty and 8 yrs on the motor.

- read the manual (its well written) and make sure you understand it so as to ensure you get a proper installation. Make sure your wife understands it since she will be the operator.

- Don't fill over 60% with dry clothes. Above is considered abuse. Manual say 4.3kg clothes for a 7.2kg capacity and 5.5kg for a 8kg wash. Hmm, that's nearly double what a front loader can handle. But given the drum of a top loader has a vertical orientation its maybe easier than for a front loader. Listen to the motor, if it sounds like its straining then you put too much in.

for a 7kg front loader about 2x20 litre buckets is the max. that works out to little over 2kg. Try not to exceed 3kg with the front loader. Less clothes means less wet weight means less stress. With the stain program use half this load. This means get the right capacity machine for your requirement, don't scimp on machine capacity to save money. Otherwise you have to do more washes.

- Do not wash at water temperature below 40 degrees. Not warm enough to clean.

- Spinning might cause out of balance, in which case don't force it, add more clothes to rebalance otherwise remove clothes and dry on the line. Those out of balance spins put lots of pressure on the bearings.

- use good detergent, cleans better and keeps pH balanced which helps in protecting the drum.

- if your water isn't hard you should be be able to get a good five years if not more without drum damage.

- avoid fabric softener if you can.

Last edited:
Very good advice. Thanx a lot.

Currently, I am trying to locate a stockist or a wholesaler of Whirlpool in Mumbai, try and see if I can get a discount on the market price :D

Lets see how it goes :)

Thanx again buddy :)

I am using the LG Direct Drive 7.5 kg Top Loader since July 2012 & extremely satisfied.

At times my wifie has subjected it also to rough & tough usage but NEVER faced any problems. It is still super-silent and EFFICIENT.

@Namann S Gupta - you have highlighted 2 things

AFAIK and based on my experience - BOTH THE ABOVE ARE NON-ISSUES & unreasonal fears.

I also took the Plastic Cover for the full wm (which also covers the PCB), besides the mounting & moulding of the PCB & buttons are 'top-notch' quality.

If anyone of you plans to buy front load washing machines IFB is the way to go.
They are rock solid performers(Mine running like a beauty from last 5 years.)
There ASS is far far better than LG or Whirlpool.

The newer models are quiet and efficient.

@blr_p Hello, I have been reading this topic since yesterday and i am still confused a bit in choosing one of these machines Siemens iQ300 WM12K268IN / Lg-F1296WDL24. Could you please suggest me one of washing machines please thank you.

I am planning to buy Bosch 7 Kg WAK24168IN model. Could you please provide your feedback with all technical & functional specifications. I would end my search for a good washing machine under 35K based up on your suggestion. How good this model comparing with the latest LG WM models in 6.5-7KGs? Please provide your suggestion at the earliest in detailed. Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks,
Kittu

I am currently looking into the following washers urgently to replace my Indesit washer IWC6083. Can someone help to give me their reviews. @blr_p, you are very knowledgeable on this topic, can give your review?

Somehow, the Indesit although made in Italy same as Ariston is not as lasting as my previous Ariston washer which last me for 7 years. But then my old Ariston is analogue dial type (to select the mode of wash) and the Indesit is digital dial.

I am unsure how durable is the Samsung washer. All my washers in the past are front loading Ariston/Indesit.

(1) Samsung Washer 9kg WW90H5200EW, 4th quarter 2015 model:
Code:
http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/home-appliances/washing-machines/front-loader/WW90H5200EW/SP

- Crystal White Design
- Eco Bubble
- Stain Away
- Digital Inverter Motor features an innovative brushless design and uses magnets to drive the drum’s rotation. Warranty for motor 11 years.

(2) Ariston Washer 9kg WMG 9237B EX, 4th quarter 2015 model:
Code:
http://www.mayer.sg/products/washer-dryer/ariston2013-05-14-17-05-32/washer-detail

But Ariston washer is non-inverter motor.

Ariston is an Italian brand but nowadays it is made in Eastern Europe country.

Both models are belt driven drum i.e. non-Direct-Drive. I feel belt driven is longer lasting.

Price wise, nowadays Korean and Italian brands are almost of same price range although from onset it seems the Korean has more fancy technologies eg Bubble Wash etc but how most important does it works and how durable is the Korean brand?

Ariston salesman said motor usually will not spoil and that is why Samsung can gives 11 years warranty for the motor. Usually it is the PC board that will conk out within 2 years.

The springs supporting the drum may rust or loosen if we overload the machine like I did for my old Ariston dial type washer which I used for 7 years before the spring broke!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently looking into the following washers urgently to replace my Indesit washer IWC6083. Can someone help to give me their reviews. @blr_p, you are very knowledgeable on this topic, can give your review?
Size is

Code:
Drum volume (l): 46

Height (cm): 85
Width (cm): 59.5
Depth (cm): 52.5

Are you still satisfied with this size ? if so then stick to the same size otherwise you are paying more for nothing.

Somehow, the Indesit although made in Italy same as Ariston is not as lasting as my previous Ariston washer which last me for 7 years. But then my old Ariston is analogue dial type (to select the mode of wash) and the Indesit is digital dial.
How old is your current washer ?

What exactly is wrong with your current washer ?

I am unsure how durable is the Samsung washer. All my washers in the past are front loading Ariston/Indesit.

(1) Samsung Washer 9kg WW90H5200EW, 4th quarter 2015 model:
Code:
http://www.samsung.com/sg/consumer/home-appliances/washing-machines/front-loader/WW90H5200EW/SP

- Crystal White Design
- Eco Bubble
- Stain Away
- Digital Inverter Motor features an innovative brushless design and uses magnets to drive the drum’s rotation. Warranty for motor 11 years.
Inverter motor means more quiet. if you find your current Ariston is not loud then stick with belt driven.

motor warranty for 11 years you will never avail because something else will break sooner. control board, drum etc.

This model is much bigger. 9kg. Two steps up from your current size ? why

Net Dimension (WxHxD)
600x850x600 mm

Drum volume will be closer to 65 litres. Quite a step up from your current washer.

(2) Ariston Washer 9kg WMG 9237B EX, 4th quarter 2015 model:
Code:
http://www.mayer.sg/products/washer-dryer/ariston2013-05-14-17-05-32/washer-detail
This one is same big size too

• 62L full load cycle
Dimension:
Height: 850mm
Width: 595mm
Depth: 605mm

But Ariston washer is non-inverter motor.

Ariston is an Italian brand but nowadays it is made in Eastern Europe country.

Both models are belt driven drum i.e. non-Direct-Drive. I feel belt driven is longer lasting.
Belts are cheaper & easier to replace.

Price wise, nowadays Korean and Italian brands are almost of same price range although from onset it seems the Korean has more fancy technologies eg Bubble Wash etc but how most important does it works and how durable is the Korean brand?
Bubble wash is a marketing gimmick.

There is another Korean brand called LG. I tend to prefer LG over Samsung for appliances. Samsung look pretty, not heard a lot from them as they are fairly recent at this. LG is little more established. That means service networks and spares are more available. Though this is changing.

Another consideration is Bosch. Spares tends to be more expensive with them compared to the Koreans.

Consider Bosch over Ariston.

Ariston salesman said motor usually will not spoil and that is why Samsung can gives 11 years warranty for the motor. Usually it is the PC board that will conk out within 2 years.
Correct but two years is a bit short. The warranty itself (in India at least) is 2 years. So can be sure nothing will go wrong within two years.

PC board if you can remove it you can check it with some electronics shop, they can replace any components for cheaper than a new board. However of late the boards are now coming coated with resin to make them more weather proof for tropical humid environments. i don't know how easy it will be to replace these ones. But they should last longer than ones that don't have this resin coating.

machines n0wadays are good for 1000 cycles. you might get lucky and get more.

The springs supporting the drum may rust or loosen if we overload the machine like I did for my old Ariston dial type washer which I used for 7 years before the spring broke!
Shock absorbers are not difficult to replace. Why didn't you just repair it.

Which washing machine is better LG fh496tdl24 8kg Front Load or IFB Senator aqua sx 8kg.

I am looking for a hassle free washing machine. Which of this is long lasting and less possibilities to break down, not spending more money on repairs after purchase.
Kindly advise.

@blr_p
I am impressed the way you have explained about washing machines.
I never ever thought that I can even read this much info... :)

I came here accidentally due to Haier machine model HA655T, which I have and is quite old as compared to current machines.
I am using it from around 2007-2008 and needed very less repairs(once needed to change drum due to arm damage and once bearing).
Recently we needed to change timer due to our fault(water went inside and it shorted it).

I was just thinking that I purchased it for around 10-12 K; spent 6-7K drum repair and now timer needs 4K.
Will it be good idea to search for new machine if this stops working (instead of spending more)?

Will love to have your opinion on those mechanical models and current electronic/digital controlled.

Thanks

hello guys i am here because ,just like any of you i am also interested in buying a TOP LOAD FULLY AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINE .

It isn't like i didn't searched on the net but finally landed my fingers on this page , guys my requirements are a little big we are a family of 6 members and we plan to wash our clothes daily after having an fully automatic machine .
Though since we not have one so we wash at alternative days with my lg's semi automatic machine.

guys i must add to this that my experience with LG has been really good ,we had a semiautomatic washing machine and a refrigerator and they both work exceptionally good even after their warranty are long over.

i did searched the door to door market (offline market) and what i find out was that there is and IFB FA(FULLY AUTOMATIC) WM(WASHING MACHINE) of 9.5kg segment whose model number is TL95SDG-AQUA .

though the product i was searching in the market was not this but was an lg latest arrival , the link is below of the product

http://www.lg.com/in/washing-machines/lg-T1064HFES6

and the model number is T1064HFES6(this is a 9kg variant).

firstly i am an offline buyer,i.e., i don't buy online products.so my question to u all is that firstly which machine should i buy if had to buy from the above 2 choices , my second question is should i really go for an direct drive because i am buying this as my one and whole sole investment for the next 2-3( atleast 2) decades on FA WM.
my third question is that is just a rumor or is it the truth that the 6 motion technology is only for pure cotton clothes and not for mixed clothes .

my fourth question is that what are problems associated with LG FA TOP LOAD WM.
and if u could be specific to my specific model that it would be more better .

hoping to get answers to all my 4 question as early as possible i hit that post reply BUTTON.

Apologies for the delay in reverting (I am not a regular out here these days)

Go ahead with the model that you have chosen. It's a SILENT workshorse and will serve u well for many years.

thanks to all for the discussions happened in this thread, they are informative.
I recently bought a 6.5 kg Bosch FL FA washing Machine and got it installed

I got a short info from the company technician that is, if i want to buy a stand for the WM it is recommended that to buy it from bosch itself as the other non standard stands may make the shock absorvers of the machine ware out faster
so wanted to ask following queries to the experts
1. I thought that stand may help me move the machine for anything like cleaning purpose etc, is it recommended to use stand for FL machine ?
2. what ever the company technician quoted may be a marketing gimic but will that still stand valid ...?

the issue is of cost bosch company stand will cost me 17K where as I can get a good sturdy looking stand online or from local market in around 2k this is a huge difference

techiee

Is that correct 17K for a stand??? Thats Rs17000/- ????? Is it a silver stand?
Generally the stand is a reason for increased vibrations if not levelled properly or installed correctly. I have an IFB FL WM and I am using an after market stand. It was priced same as the company stand (approx 2.5k) but the company stand had height of only 2 inches + had castor wheels. The after market had no castor wheels but came with 4.5inches of height which was what I wanted since I keep the machine in a wet area.
I got the stand installed from the IFB technician. paid him Rs200 to install the stand and inpect it by doing a demo load.
4 years and its still working great. So no harm in going for after market stand as long as its installed properly and professionally. Get a good quality. Dont cheap out. Else it could rip out the floor tiles with vibrations :) I have seen this.
In your case it makes even more sense to get it after market since Bosch is charging 17K... these days one can get FL WM for 17k :D what are they smoking....

Back