Budget 90k+ Want to buy Virtualization VMware Based System (32GB RAM)

I am going to need system to solve following problem:
1. Ability to run about 8VM's each at 8GB RAM each.
2. Start with 64GB RAM but that's not the limit.
3. Pure virtualization is the requirement here, no games, no video rendering. CPU/RAM would be used purely for running VM's via ESX.
  1. What is your budget?r
    • No such defined limit
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Got a LG 21" monitor.
    • PSU - Corsair VX450 - Yes it is available.
    • Cabinet - Zebronics Cube
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

• Same as above.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• None decided, hence looking for advice.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following in future
    • RAM - Upto 128GB.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai/Pune
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Depends
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Virtualization, PoC datacenter.
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Should be ok ASS.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• VMWare Esxi
[DOUBLEPOST=1393835750][/DOUBLEPOST]No replies?

Last edited:
well need more information , will you be doing Vmotion, SVmotion, will your VMs be using passthrough disks ? , how many Vcpus will your VMs require, will you be using using any iscsi storage ? which version of esxi will you be using 5.5 ?

Nope no motions, it's just one esx server! Ahh for disks, I will be using couple of SSDs on the same motherboard, as mentioned its just one box, one esx, hence I don't think I am going to need hba's at the moment.

About two vCPU's each maximum I guess, some may have even just one. Yup 5.5 is the version.

Thanks.

well need more information , will you be doing Vmotion, SVmotion, will your VMs be using passthrough disks ? , how many Vcpus will your VMs require, will you be using using any iscsi storage ? which version of esxi will you be using 5.5 ?
[DOUBLEPOST=1394086859][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, how about 32GB RAM?

Last edited:
Back