Want to do Gallery-like posts on my Wordpress blog

Hello people,

I own a blog wherein I post stuff about movies, books, games, TV shows and other media-related things. I normally do just textual articles (with a couple of images) but I would like to have a gallery-like feature on my blog. This is for when I posts lists (for eg: My 10 Favorite Films of the Year), photos that are similar (new posters for a movie, red carpet coverage of an event) or something like that.

I want to have these features -

1. The ability to post multiple images as a slideshow (automatic/user action)
2. Text below or alongside the image so that I can talk whatever the image is about.
3. Thumbnails of the entire album, so the reader can choose which ones to click and actually see.
4. Setting such that the ENTIRE page doesn't reload for each click in the gallery - just the relevant portions.

# Also, it would be awesome if I had the ability to embed a Youtube video instead of an image and make a gallery out of that. (For Eg: My 10 Favorite Scenes of the Year).

For reference, you could see these two links:

'Contagion' Stills - Photo Gallery on Yahoo! Movies (Perfect, apart from the fact that I don't think you can embed videos there)

Who should play Marvels Doctor Strange? - HitFix.com (The voting function's overkill for me, and lacks thumbnails... but still, good.)

Poll: Hottest dad in the WORLD! - Rediff Getahead (Again, perfect. They also have lists where they embed videos.)

Now, what I want to know is... HOW can I do this? Is there any Wordpress plugin that you guys can recommend that will do most of these functions (if not all)? Or can I only achieve this by coding? If the latter, any more details please?

Please do help out! It will be highly appreciated! :)

Back