Monitors want to turn LCD into TV without PC

lounge

Disciple
if i put an external tv tunner card and hook it to the lcd display.. cos i have got one spare display.. can i turn it into a TV without a PC hooked??

i guess there are TV tuner cards which can support this kind of functionality..??

please suggest which tv tuner external card shall support this and which one of these are the best in the market..

thanks

Ofcourse you can and if you have any kind of set-top box connection then you don't need that high tech stuff either.

The set-top box will have either a Composite or Component video out and you can get an adapter to convert from either of those to VGA. The audio can go into your speakers.

I have one of these external tv tuner card .......

But it from the suckiest company intex..........

well but it good for tv i think.........

yes man,

its possible with Leadtek Winfast TV Pro 1680 and
Leadtek Winfast TV Pro 1920
these are good ext tv tuner cards for better reception bcoz ur main purpose is that.
tv pro 1680@2.4k
tv pro 1920@3.8k

gbee am using gadmei on my dell 2409w monitor for tata sky its gr8 cant say how much improvement the expensive ones can provide u can try avermedia genie 1 ext tv tuner for 1600rs at lammy as well

@Cravikum

What is the model number of the gadmei ? And how does it look on S2409W ?

I have same monitor and thinking of buying an External TV Tuner to watch TV.

I have an Intex External TV Tuner, but it is 4:3 (resolution is 640x480) whereas my old Aopen LCD Monitor is 5:4 (resolution is 1280x1024), so it clips the video on some sides.
cravikum said:
gbee am using gadmei on my dell 2409w monitor for tata sky its gr8 cant say how much improvement the expensive ones can provide u can try avermedia genie 1 ext tv tuner for 1600rs at lammy as well

dell 2409w is with a resolution with 1920 x 1080 full hd
pls tell me which model r u using of gadmei, price pls

I am using Gadmei external. But I just upgraded to LG Monitor TV, so Gadmei has become redundant for me. Around 4-5 months old, bought for 1400 from Lammy. ready to sell for 900/- final plus shipping.

Back