Monitors [WANTED] Dell U2311 in consideration. Seriously need monitor.

sidk47

Disciple
[SOLVED] [WANTED] Dell U2311 in consideration. Seriously need monitor.

Hey guys,

I am seriously in the market for a new monitor. I heard LG is planning to launch some new IPS panels. But my need for a monitor is urgent as my computer is already ready.

1. When will the new IPS LG monitors be launched? Should I just go for the Dell U2311?

2. I have an ATI Radeon HD 6970, I heard the Dell doesn't have HDMI. Are the two compatible?

3. I saw a group order here a while back for the Dell for 14000Rs. Could that dealer please contact me, especially if there are more on the way or in stock?

Thanking you,
Siddharth.

Replies inline in bold
sidk47 said:
Hey guys,

I am seriously in the market for a new monitor. I heard LG is planning to launch some new IPS panels. But my need for a monitor is urgent as my computer is already ready.

1. When will the new IPS LG monitors be launched? Should I just go for the Dell U2311?
No idea when, today even Benq announced a new series of LED backlit PVA panels, availability is still a question mark. So stick to the Dell U2311H a decent choice in the price range.
2. I have an ATI Radeon HD 6970, I heard the Dell doesn't have HDMI. Are the two compatible?
HDMI and DVI(D/I) are exact pin-compatible for video Signals. You can safely assume DVI(D/I) = HDMI -(minus) Audio. So don't worry this should not be a problem for you.
3. I saw a group order here a while back for the Dell for 14000Rs. Could that dealer please contact me, especially if there are more on the way or in stock?
Please check with the GO starter, he may point you to his source. You may consider starting another GO for your and other's benefit.

are you sure LG will bring its models in india !, If it does i am pritty sure its going to be a very good one.

I consider myself lucky that i got mine when they were available in india, now LG does not sell the MVA/PVAs in india ! :(

Thank you all so much for your kind and valuable advice, as well as the lead to a good dealer who offers a very competitive price. I have made up my mind to go for the Dell U2311, and will be contacting SMC International soon. Thanks once again guys. I will mark this thread as SOLVED now.

Back