Wanted: Weapons of Fate..........Max Payne Redux ?

Blade_Runner

Skilled
I am surprised no one posted about the video game based on the Angelina Jolie starrer Wanted.

Title:
Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Developer: GRIN

Publisher: Universal Studios

Platform: PC, PS3, Xbox360

Release date: March 24, 2009

Plot:
The game is set in the continuity of the 2008 film and picks up where the movie left off with Wesley taking on the French chapter of “The Fraternity”. Set directly after the events of the film, Wesley continues his transformation into a full-fledged assassin and heir to a legacy of a secret fraternity of assassins. He continues his quest with a new mission to seek out the French chapter of The Fraternity, hunt down The Immortal and finally discover the truth about his family. In Wanted: Weapons of Fate, become the uber-assassin Wesley Gibson as you control an arsenal of skills such as Assassin Time, which enables you to take down multiple enemies with sheer precision; use the Advanced Cover System to shield yourself and move through the environment with remarkable speed; and even bend the laws of physics by Curving Bullets.

Videos:

[youtube]olJ2Z5V1AQw[/youtube]

[youtube]Q6ahALQQSJQ[/youtube]

[youtube]nE7j_0PdRCI[/youtube]

[youtube]Uv9yrlHnqfY[/youtube]

The game features "curving" the bullet, max payne style bullet time, CQC, cover system, stabbing people over cover, wall jumping/sliding...........and yeah taking out 4-5 guys with a single bullet :eek:hyeah:

when i saw the movie,i really hoped a cool action game would eventually be made on this, curving bullets seems too tempting cant wait to play

Blade_Runner said:
The game is set in the continuity of the 2008 film and picks up where the movie left off

WTF.... which means no Angie baby in some virtual action... awww man.

Besides that, I have to agree with Agent_47. After reading the comic and then seeing the movie, I too felt that it would be fun to see this in game.

The Comic and Movie are based on way too different plots... in fact, only the protagonist Wesley and names of few characters are the only things common in both. Curving bullets and hyperspeed movements wasn't in comic.

What I would have loved was Movie elements in Comic story setting. Man that would have rocked.. but since this game is based on Movie, I guess that's just way too much to hope for.

Enough for rant... hopefully the game come out better cuz I wanna play this.

It would really suck if this turns out to be another movie-to-game dud adaption. :p

^^Yea looks like it. Besides licensing fees would have added to the cost of the game and it's a big no-no in these hard times.From the gameplay videos the game is looking like good fun.........

Back