Washing machine help 30K Max

thenvk

Adept
I am really a noob... Please help me
Thread name tells everything...
1. Should be able to wash heavy bed sheets
2. Should consume less electricity and water.
3. Should be reliable

looking to get "A" rated ones after studying this...

Washing Machine Guide - Home Electrical - Buying Guides - Tesco.Direct

How good are the following?
6.5Kg front loader washing machine WF-7652SUV - fully Automatic (front Loading) - washing machine | SAMSUNG
and
LG Front Loader Washing Machine (WD-12485TP) with capacity of 7.5 Kg For Easy & Quick Wash

well get the whirlpool SUD 701 its a 7kg WM, u cannot find the info in indian whirlpool website its a new model,but the same model with different model number can be found in UK,SUD 701 is whirpool indias most premium washing machine it sells,u can also see the whirlpool HongKong website there again u can see identical models.
below the UK link.
Whirlpool Clean+ 6th Sense washing machine-AWO/D6527-859293515000

i bought the SUD 701 after extensive search for the best washing i could by under 30k.its very economical in terms of water consumption and power(unless u dont switch on temperature settings).
i checked each and evry other washing machines out ther priced below 30k street price this was the best i could find in terms of build quality and electricity and water consumption.whirpool says it consumes 8.1 litres of water/kg of load,the base model whirlpool washing machines consume 11lites/kg.
so i can assure u its best in terms of build quality washing machine u can find around 30k better then the LG,samsung models u have mentioned.i spents weeks finding the best one for myself i also had a budget of 30k.:)

SUD701 MRP is Rs. 28000 (Street price may be Rs. 26000- 27000). Recently Whirlpool has introduced one new model in 7 kg Front Loading category as 'Sport' with its MRP at about Rs. 26500. In UK the Duet Sport is a very successful model with washer and dryer. The newly introduced model name 'Sport' may be taken from that. I plan to visit the dealer today. Will post later about its spec.

One advice is don't go for Samsung.

After sales service is good but the product quality really sucks. I had a top loader which is used daily. Bought during a promotional scheme and got 3 years extended warranty on it (total 2+3 = 5years). during these 5 years the machine had to be serviced numerously. Even the platic knobs are too flimsy - and broke every 2 or 3 months. During the warranty period I had to pay for the plastic knobs which are around 25 bucks - the service was free. But now as the warranty is over I had to pay Rs. 250+25 to get those knobs changed every 2 or 3 months.

thenvk said:
@AMITNOIDA any update on your inquiry?
@adder does the SUD701 has steel drum?

well no it does not have despite that, it is as heavy as a comparable IFB 7kg model that has a steel drum,btw this was one of thing i looked for initialy but seeing other manufactuers lacking in overall build quality such buttons,door hinges,type of gasket used,door retention used ,the whirpool sud701 is by far the best u can find in terms of overall build quality within 30k budget.fit and finisn is top notch.

Did u check the Siemens WM-2020? I using a siemens machine not this model (WM A 0716) though for over an year now and its doing well.

Siemens is known for its reliability and its power and water consumption is also conservative.

MaRKiV said:
Did u check the Siemens WM-2020? I using a siemens machine not this model (WM A 0716) though for over an year now and its doing well.

Siemens is known for its reliability and its power and water consumption is also conservative.

i saw the siemens WM-2020,WM-1016 and WM-0716 there build quality is good better then the ifb,samsung,lg but still didnt match the build quality of whirpool professional series of front loading washing machines especialy the whirlpool SUD701,while the higher end siemens model are realy good the WM2020 is a low end model in 7kg.
the main reason siemens is expensive is because it a direct import ,the washing machines sold in india are usualy made in turkey,same goes for spare parts which are expensive since again its a direct import,so the premium u are paying is mainly for the 30% or so custom duty.a city like bangalore as only one service centre.

guyz.. urgent.. please suggest me few more..

any idea about the price of WD-12485TP (7.5kg) ?Website says its 33K.But read in mouth shut that user took it for 27k.

what would be the best price i can expect for WD-12485TP (7.5kg) and Whirlpool SUD 701.

thenvk said:

any idea about the price of WD-12485TP (7.5kg) ?Website says its 33K.But read in mouth shut that user took it for 27k.

what would be the best price i can expect for WD-12485TP (7.5kg) and Whirlpool SUD 701.

The mouthshut review comment you are referring to above, is correct. It is my review. We got our LG WD-12485TP Washing Machine from Reliance Digital for approx. 27K around September 2008. For details, please refer back to the review. We really like the big drum 7.5 kg capacity as we can utilize it to wash heavy curtains, sofa covers, big pillow, comforters etc. Also it has a 1000 RPM rinse feature which is great for bulky loads.

thenvk said:

well SUD 701 i bought it for 26k in october may be cheaper know due to the exise duty cuts/cen vat cuts.again i did see the LG WD-12485TP the SUD 701still has a better build quality,and has 1200rpm spin mode.

Got the delivery of Whirlpool SUD 701 today. On its cartoon I found that it is written 'imported by Whirlpool India Ltd'. Is it not produce in India? Any idea, where it is produced.

Thanks

Amit

AMITNOIDA said:
Got the delivery of Whirlpool SUD 701 today. On its cartoon I found that it is written 'imported by Whirlpool India Ltd'. Is it not produce in India? Any idea, where it is produced.

Thanks

Amit

congrats on ur purchace:) ,but i didnt find a sticker or letters that said imported by whirlpool india.can u tell me which side of box.if i remember correctly mine states manufactured in india in the month july.will check it tommorow.

EDIT:checked it yes it is indeed imported by whirlpool india on july 2008 i bought it in october 2008.

I am also on a lookout to buy one. I also saw a new model named "Sport" which looked good too. The dealer quoted me 24k for the "Sport" model and 25.5K for SUD701. He mentioned that "Sport" is a better/new model as compared to SUD701. I am really in doubt which one to go for. Is SUD701 really that good? I understand from the previous replies that the build quality of SUD701 is better. But what about other features? How does it compare to it's counterparts IFB/LG/Samsung? All the dealers which I talk to praise only about IFB for front loading.

Here is the link to SUD701:

Whirlpool India

Back