Washing machine help 30K Max

tarun said:
I am also on a lookout to buy one. I also saw a new model named "Sport" which looked good too. The dealer quoted me 24k for the "Sport" model and 25.5K for SUD701. He mentioned that "Sport" is a better/new model as compared to SUD701. I am really in doubt which one to go for. Is SUD701 really that good? I understand from the previous replies that the build quality of SUD701 is better. But what about other features? How does it compare to it's counterparts IFB/LG/Samsung? All the dealers which I talk to praise only about IFB for front loading.

Here is the link to SUD701:
Whirlpool India

well i was also initialy thinking of IFB but after looking at various showrooms and talking to users and the fact their own IFB technical team told me to stay away from their DIGITAL series of washing machines and their top loading models.
initialy for the untrained eye u wont spot the difference b/w various manufactures but when u realy start to look and compare, not by seeing or hearing the brochure ,sales person junk etc i mean u realy start looking at the washing machine u will notice the poor build quality of IFB,the plastic they use are cheap,their most top end model that has a electronic door release button is non functional i.e button pops out, 3 out of 5 places that had this washing machine had this issue.since the IFB technical team told not to go for the digital series,i taught i would check out the analog series and in that too the analog rotary selection switch were non functional,the door gasket uses in all of their washing machine are of poor quality,door latch is a joke ,overall poor fit and finish.

if u dont belive me check out this model Whirlpool India its the cheapest front loading model in whirpool india cost about 16k street price, just check out the door how it closes,latches,hinges and compare it to this model Product: SENATOR 6KG this is IFB 6kg model that cost about 24k street price compare its door latches,look at the gap even though the door is closed.

samsung washing machines are better then IFB ,lg is again better then IFB,but they still dont match the build quality if whirlpool front loading one especialy the SUD701

as far as the features of whirlpool its better then or equal to any IFB washing machine,and is smarter thanks to its 6th sense tech.

as far as the sport model well i havent seen that but amitnoida saw both and he went for the SUD 701,the price difference aint much so better to go for the SUD 701 it is the companies flagship model ,similar ones can be found in europe,US,HK etc besides u can even order some spare parts online from US stores.

Dear Adder,

Have you taken the stand and inlet water softener? I have not taken any of them. The stand is absolutely not required because I have placed my washing machine in dry area and connected the machine with permanent plumbing. Both the water inlet and water drain are coming from / going to the other side of the wall.
But what's the effectiveness of water softener. The price is not low, it's more than 1K. Need your feedback.

Thanks
Amit

@amitnoida
well it may be required i mean i did buy it,its a permanent solution for water softning which costed 1800 well the inside of that device contains just a magnet,according to them and other sites it prevents the formation of scaling or salt formation well its just there way of making money ,the company which provides them with that is a bangalore based company,and that company has made a OEM deal with whirpool,i remember the same company over a decade ago trying to sell their product in exhibition,anyway it may be effective ,but at that price of 1800 its pure looting dont forget every company makes more money in service/spare parts.,instead of spending on that i suggest u to take the AMC plan which i believe if u take it before 9months of the purchace u get a discount.

as far as the stand unless u want ur washing machine to be mobile,or need to sweep/mop the floor below it u dont require it,besides they dont yet have a stand for Front loading washing machine only top loading ones are available,and there are far cheaper options available elsewhere,anyway i still havent bought the stand.

just for the record that water softner was bought by my parents when i wasnt at home without my knowledge,otherwise i wouldnt have bought it.

Thanks Adder. I am not convinced with the water softening technology, which you just shared. I myself is a Chemical Engineer and I believe water can not be softened using magnet. I was not in my home when the technician came to my house for installation of the machine and tried to sell the stand and water softener. Luckily my wife consulted me over telephone and I could save my hard earned money by saying no to both of them.

Thanks again for vouching for SUD701. I am yet to see it operating in my own eyes (due to working days). Hope this weekend I will find time to see the machine running. I will share the experience.

Cheers
Amit

All.. thanks a lot for the support and inputs. Today I took the LGWD-10485TP for 25200/- at bajaj electronics.

Dealer also shown me Sport model of Whirpoll at 24200/- But I took LG coz, LG service in Hyderabad is good.

thenvk said:
All.. thanks a lot for the support and inputs. Today I took the LGWD-10485TP for 25200/- at bajaj electronics.
Dealer also shown me Sport model of Whirpoll at 24200/- But I took LG coz, LG service in Hyderabad is good.
Congratulations! Very good choice indeed! Looks like you got a good price too.

We have had one (LG WD-10485TP TROMM) for a while now and we are very happy with it. The 7.5 kg drum size is a lot of real estate. We use ours everyday and every so often wash heavy curtains etc. The machine runs silently and the wash quality is very good.

This thread has been very informative. I am from chennai. I was looking around for SUD701. But whirlpool officials here say that this model is only launched in North and not in South. I can confirm that fact atleast in chennai. I have now booked the 'Sport' model, though i have not seen it first hand. And also no information is available for this model, though the google search throws up some 'duet sports' model. Also,there is no stock of this model in chennai and the dealer has promised in 10 days. I booked it for a price of 24K. Though Ratna stores offered me at 23845/-.
Shall post more details after i recieve the delivery.

I have also bought the SUD701 finally. Thanks to adder for the recommendation. The machine looks good and is sturdy. This is my first ever front loading washing machine so getting used to it slowly.

Adder: Could you post some of your findings about the machine to get the most out of it? I have used it thrice to wash the clothes using the daily load option. I haven't tried the Cotton + 90 degrees option which lets the machine runs for 2 1/2 hours. I understood from the manual that it is needed only when the clothes are very dirty/stained. Which options do you use the most for your normal usage? Also, the clothes don't seem to be dried enough after the wash. I was expecting them to be 80-90% dried. I tried the gentle spin option after the daily load was finished to make the clothes extra dry but that didn't help out too much.

tarun said:
I have also bought the SUD701 finally. Thanks to adder for the recommendation. The machine looks good and is sturdy. This is my first ever front loading washing machine so getting used to it slowly.

Adder: Could you post some of your findings about the machine to get the most out of it? I have used it thrice to wash the clothes using the daily load option. I haven't tried the Cotton + 90 degrees option which lets the machine runs for 2 1/2 hours. I understood from the manual that it is needed only when the clothes are very dirty/stained. Which options do you use the most for your normal usage? Also, the clothes don't seem to be dried enough after the wash. I was expecting them to be 80-90% dried. I tried the gentle spin option after the daily load was finished to make the clothes extra dry but that didn't help out too much.

well congrats on ur purchase:D whats the price u got it for.

well i usualy use the daily load option,only for realy heavily soiled clothes and curtains do i use the 2 1/2 hr option which is rare.but when i do use that mode, i press the eco button since it consumes less water in this mode but is available only for the 2 1/2hr options,its not available in daily load,and the clothes are infact dry 80% atleast and with a sunshine of about 30min,for cotton clothes 15min of noon sunshine is inuff and they are 100% dry in the climate conditions of bangalore,but clothes like jeans take longer .gentle spin doesn't do much or any drying at all and this option is renamed in the US version and is used to clean the washing machine.
but also the water that goes to my washing machine is softned so i am not sure whether the wash/dry differs due to that compared to urs.

and if u try any of temperature controlled settings it will consume quite a lot of electricity since it needs to heat the water,just like ur water geyser/heater.

I am trying to get my hands on the SUD701 in the Delhi/Gurgaon area but no one carries the model anymore. Dealers seem to be promising the "Sport" model but havent got a clue about SUD.

Can someone (around my area) help me with the dealer from whom the prodoct was bought?

Thanks
Anand

gamefundas said:
I am trying to get my hands on the SUD701 in the Delhi/Gurgaon area but no one carries the model anymore. Dealers seem to be promising the "Sport" model but havent got a clue about SUD.

Thanks
Anand

contact the whirpool customer care they might help u ,i think it may be available in reliance digital .check out some small dealers or dealers who don't stock large number of washing machines most dealers try to push what they have in large numbers in their warehouse or what other branches have.

Initially I thought of going for Samsung Top loading WM,but later changed my mind to go for Front Load as it consumes less water and power.

My requirements are 6.5 kgs.Also it should withstand robust handling too..

Initially I thought of going for siemens as somebody in this section told its very good, are there any other good products in this category as some like @Adder suggested whirpool SD701 and @thenvk for LGWD-10485TP.

I stay at Hyderabad so based on the service and my requirments pl suggest a good one with price.

Also I don't have any idea on the price of the Front loads? What is the price I should shell out for my capacity requirements.I was thinking of putting 20-25k max.

Hey, no matter what model you chose go to Bajaj electronics Punjagutta.. beside central.

They generally quote best prices and also 2 days back seen in paper that its 2yr celebrations for them and offering some better prices.

BTW I took my washing machine @ 25200/-

cri_sss said:
Initially I thought of going for Samsung Top loading WM,but later changed my mind to go for Front Load as it consumes less water and power.

Initially I thought of going for siemens as somebody in this section told its very good, are there any other good products in this category as some like @Adder suggested whirpool SD701 and @thenvk for LGWD-10485TP.

I stay at Hyderabad so based on the service and my requirments pl suggest a good one with price.

Also I don't have any idea on the price of the Front loads? What is the price I should shell out for my capacity requirements.I was thinking of putting 20-25k max.

well front loaders indeed consume less water.well if u want something robustly built u can go ahead and get the SUD 701,whirpool does have service centre in a hyderabad,being the worlds largerst home appliance maker.
u can also take the optional AMC plan u don't have to worry about repairing the unit.whirpool comes with a 2year standard warranty and u can opt for a optional extra 2 year AMC warranty and if u take the optional AMC within 9 months of the purchase of ur washing machine the customer gets a discount.

cri_sss said:

LG WMs are very good. Heavy duty and quiet. Ours is the LG WD-12485TP (7.5 Kgs). We've had it for close to a year now. Believe, the WD-10485 will also be equally good, since they all come off the same assembly line. Bought ours from Reliance Digital, Banjara Hills last year. Also got the AMC with it.

adder said:
contact the whirpool customer care they might help u ,i think it may be available in reliance digital .check out some small dealers or dealers who don't stock large number of washing machines most dealers try to push what they have in large numbers in their warehouse or what other branches have.

Thanks Adder, I was able to spot the machine in the Reliance Digital showroom. Looks great in terms of build quality in comparison to other machines. Reliance has a wide choice of washing machines ranging from IFB, LG, Samsung, Siemens to Whirlpool. LG and Whirlpool certainly stand out from the crowd when it comes to sturdy build quality.

Also saw the Sport model sitting out there along with SUD. Now its a bit of confusion as to which one I should go for as both (SUD and Sport) are almost similar. Sport has digital controls vs electronic controls in SUD. Thats the only difference I could notice. If some one has experience with Sport please comment.

Thanks and regards
Anand

As my hunt for washing machine is about to end the search for dryers is about to begin. Dont mean to fork this conversation but given that quite a few experts are already on this thread I would also like to ask if someone has experience with 100% Dryers from Whirlpool or IFB. Whirlpool as usual looks cool but isnt available now (except the one on demo in Reliance Digital).

gamefundas said:
Thanks Adder, I was able to spot the machine in the Reliance Digital showroom. Looks great in terms of build quality in comparison to other machines. Reliance has a wide choice of washing machines ranging from IFB, LG, Samsung, Siemens to Whirlpool. LG and Whirlpool certainly stand out from the crowd when it comes to sturdy build quality.

Also saw the Sport model sitting out there along with SUD. Now its a bit of confusion as to which one I should go for as both (SUD and Sport) are almost similar. Sport has digital controls vs electronic controls in SUD. Thats the only difference I could notice. If some one has experience with Sport please comment.

Thanks and regards
Anand

well models similar to SUD 701 is available in the UK ,US,HK all with the electronic controls.but for some reason the SUD 701 is more expensive,i haven't seen the sports model since at the time of me purchase the sports model wasn't even listed in the catalogue nor in the dealers inventry listing which was 6 months ago,the SUD 701 itself was hard to find,being a new model,even in reliance digital it was only expected to arrive after 1 month after my purchace,luckily i found a dealer who was selling it.
well if u find the sport model to be as good then u could go with that.also another TE member amitnoida saw both the models but he went ahead with the SUD701,so u can ask him for some inputs.

BTW just saw a picture of the sport ,that model is available only in india and it has a rather has a cheap fuzzy logic control,that u find in top loaders,from my understanding it uses the PUM701,PUM702 body with the addition of the fuzzy logic controls from the PUD651.so the sport model was designed and made in india.
the SUD 701 is a international model.here u can see the same availabe in HK under a different model no :: Whirlpool (Hong Kong) Limited

also a similar model is available in the UK Whirlpool 6th Sense Clean+ washing machine-AWO/D5726-859293615200

a similar type of model in the USA costs $799
Front Load Washer Washers WFC7500VW from Whirlpool Home Appliances

Back