Washing machine query

random2

Adept
I have to gift a washing machine to a family member and looking to buy one around Diwali

Firstly, which one to go for? Front loading or Top loading one?

We have a IFB and im fed up of the machine jumping around while spinning. So thought top loading one might be better. But really not sure what the difference is. Results through google suggest - economy in running, less wear on clothes as major pros for front loading machines.

Could any one throw some light on this?

I dont have any intention on crimping on budget, but just want to get the best one. Willing to spend upto 20k or even a bit more if its worth.

Also suggestions on make and model would be very helpful. Till now, I havent seen any problem with IFB (Except the instability), Whrilpool and Electrolux m/cs which relatives and friends own. But not sure on whats the best at present.

Will be kept outside but will have some shelter and will be used couple of times a week.

Well the quality of IFB has nose dived ,ever since it broke it ties with a subsidiary of BOSCH.Their washings machines,dryers looks like its made with out passion,and maximum profit ,thats is quality of parts are at best mediocre,i am talking about plastics,knobs,buttons,door,gasket,drum etc basically like tata cars of 2005 or before.

Electrolux has piss poor service,the same group that handles service and marketing of kenstar which is videocon.

Whirlpool quality are much better then IFB even the base models.Front loading washing machines are the way to go.

The top loadings ones have complex gear mechanisms to drive the agitator ,they consume more water.

Back