Watch Nokia 'Zoom Reinvented' event live, starts 8:30 PM IST on July 11

The 41 Mpx camera phone is gonna come right ?
Yep, and it will mostly integrate the OIS tech from Lumia 920 too. So, the noise produced due to such a large sensor will be reduced significantly. Hoping that it will combine the best of 808 and 920 to make the best camera smartphone. Let's see what Nokia has in store.

"Starts in 4.1 mins" and they have 41 million reasons. It's all going to be about the 41Mpx camera it seems.

Edit : Is stephen elop wearing sport shoes with that suit ?

"Starts in 4.1 mins" and they have 41 million reasons. It's all going to be about the 41Mpx camera it seems.
And then a 41 second timer to start.[DOUBLEPOST=1373556125][/DOUBLEPOST]DafuQ, you can zoom out later after you've captured a zoomed in image as it also stores a 1x image in background.[DOUBLEPOST=1373557607][/DOUBLEPOST]Product page live: http://www.nokia.com/global/products/phone/lumia1020

White paper here: http://i.nokia.com/blob/view/-/2723846/data/1/-/Lumia1020-whitepaper.pdf

Those wondering how the number of megapixels don't really matter, read the white paper to see how the PureView tech really works.

Nokia has by far done the best work on optics side of things in the phone arena but im just not comfortable with the MS tiles interface :( . I just hope that someone brings this to Android.

Nokia has by far done the best work on optics side of things in the phone arena but im just not comfortable with the MS tiles interface :( . I just hope that someone brings this to Android.
If anyone can, it is Sony. They are soon going to take their imaging expertise in camera division (RX series) and try to incorporate those technologies in an Android smartphone. But Nokia is so ahead in this game as of now, and they're not even a camera manufacturer. Seriously, they should start manufacturing cameras.

Feels like Nokia screwed themselves up by partnering with MS
Not really, they actually got a lifeline.

Moreover, many people are only judging Nokia by their smartphone sales; there is more to Nokia than just that. In the long run, they actually chose a better partner. Just look at how HTC is performing in spite of releasing better hardware. Android manufacturers just pick up pieces of the leftover market unless they are Samsung; that wouldn't gel well for a company as big as Nokia.

'Nokia announces a DSLR with voice calling facility' via Faking News! :p

Mind blowing optics in the 1020. The OIS and low-light imaging!

1.jpg

So much hype only for camera, what about OS, apps..

Nokia is using the camera as big selling feature, because that's pretty much the only feature windows phone lets OEM's change. The maximum cpu is dual-core, the maximum resolution on the screen is 720p (and Nokia's screen tech is already pretty great). Microsoft doesn't let you modify the system like Android either, so they can't add much via software the camera is pretty much the only thing they can stand out with.

So much hype only for camera, what about OS, apps..
This event was about Nokia Lumia 1020, not Windows Phone. Microsoft just had an event a few weeks back.[DOUBLEPOST=1373711594][/DOUBLEPOST]
so they can't add much via software the camera is pretty much the only thing they can stand out with.
Did you even see the custom camera app Nokia has developed for this device? The same app will be available for other Windows Phone 8 devices. Other OEMs and software developers can also create their own custom apps replacing the stock one.

Also, there are many Nokia apps such as HERE, Drive+, Photobeamer, Nokia Music.

I wish they had made this waterproof (what with the collaboration with p2i and all). So I will probably will wait for the 1120 to take the wp8 plunge, until then , my trusty 710 should serve

I'd say it's an awesome device! if not for my dependence on the note 2s S pen this would be a top priority device for me.I feel the design wins hands down, it's sleek and for its features I think it's way ahead of the times...... hmm I'm drooling :p

I don't know why do you guys think that Nokia + MS was a bad idea. If nokia would have taken the droid plunge then they wouldn't have been able to corner a sizeable chunk of the smartphone market. Add to the fact that there is no exclusivity for android partners, which btw doesn't fly with a company like Nokia. For all those who think that MS doesn't stand chance, probably true rite now but in the long run they will be able to create a segment for themselves.

PS : No i don't own a WP device :) . I have been a galaxy user from the days of S1.

Back