Water is good for health :D.

Aditya

Skilled
Well..

Ill let the pics do the talking!

All the new Stuff!

Pentosin UV Blue, with Petras BioCide (Anti-Corrosive)..

15Feet of 7/16" ID MasterKleer Tubing, for Leak Testing etc. Tygon 7/16" ID for Main Loop..

A few power adapters.. A few Fillport's...

My Graphics Card Cooling Kit..

I got the new revision of the Ramsinks, So they will stick easily :D.. ..

Now, Star of the show.. My most prized possession now.

Maybe nothing for the Elite members, but I finally got my hands on this, and boy am I excited :D.

A few damaged Fins :(

No problems though, All other fins were perfect!

Err, Plastic Fittings :(. I forgot to order Metal Barbs for it.

Images are High Quality! *but taken with a low quality cam..lol..* :).

Well, this is just chapter one. More stuff coming soon ;).

^^ Those arent for the PA :(.

Out of the ones available @ Side, none fit the PA, the ones I asked you for, were gor my MCW60 :p.

^^ Ordered it from Petra and PC-Perf.

Total Damage 127$ and 227$ Resp, both Including Shipping.

Got it shipped here thru EMS. 39$ and 43$ Shipping resp.

Customs was a hassle, but went there, and got it cleared in a day :).

Had to pay Rs.1644 Customs, for both, 341 and 1103 Resp, + 100 Rs. Postal charges :mad:.

1 More huge package is yet to come :).

Nice.. So how much does this thing actually cool over the stock HSF? Water looks good but have never though to try it out...but am certainly interested.

^^ In 3 Words.

Air Cooling SUCKS :).

Forget Stock HSF, even compared to a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme.

Suppose you had a Q6600 @ 3.3Ghz @ 1.4volts, a U120 Extreme, would give you about 65-75C Load (BEST Scenario), and a WC'ing system, with High end Components (i.e. Thermochill PA120.3 w/ DTek Fuzion) would give you about 40-50C Load (Maybe lesser).

As they say, once you go Water, you wont go back :). I hate my stock cooler right now :mad:.

Till now, you only see my Radiator, GPU WaterBlock, Coolant.

My Fans, Pump, CPU WB, etc still have to come.

Good stuff, but you should have picked up an EK multi-option res since you ordered from Petra - they make it really easy to fill/bleed your loop/s. Also, try to get metal barbs for the rad - you will have a tough time fitting 7/16" on plastic (removing them will also be tough).

And looks like someone decided to get an 8800 afterall, 320MB or 640MB? ;)

Ahem Ahem... How do you know? :p

Even the HD2900XT needs the G80 Adapter kit to mount :).

I still havent decided on the Graphics Card actually.

Gabe(CEO Swiftech) @ XS said:
The MCW60 is shown above with 1/2" barb fittings, using the G80 mounting kit, MC14 and MC21 heatsinks installed on ATI® latest 2900XT. The detail at the bottom left of the screen shows the clearance available for 1/2" tubing. Thick wall 3/4"OD x 1/2" ID tubing will interfere with the Ramsinks, whereas thin wall 11/16 "OD x 7/16" tubing clears the Ramsinks just fine.

2900xt1ky2.png

Also, I didnt want a Res. Adds restriction to an already low head pump. Im not getting a DDC2 for obvious reliability issues, so the D5/MCP655 is my only choice. Infact its severely under-rated by people, but anyways.

I like a TLine better.

T-line + res adds more flexibility, and not that restrictive if the EK res is mounted above the pump, and the T/fillport above it. Most importantly, a res will make bleeding really simple and quick.

I had no idea the G80 adapter worked with the 2900XT, so get it - what are you waiting for! :p

Lol, Im still wondering what to go for.

Im waiting for another ATi Catalyst release. Then Ill decide.

Im not going with a GTX for sure, since its a waste. A GTS 640mb is looking good to me though.

Bleeding with the T-Line inst hard, or a problem, if you know how to do it ;).

Also, I have no place for the Multi-Option to be mounted Vertically over the Pump.

Bah, I so wish I could afford a TJ-07 :(. 15k is a bit too steep for a Case though

Aditya said:
Im not going with a GTX for sure, since its a waste. A GTS640mb is looking good to me though.

That is really perspective, and depends on budget - it's still the fastest card @ $530.

And all the best bleeding your system, you make it sound very easy but once you try it you'll know dude ;)

^^ I could go for a Ultra, If I wanted. The thing is, the first Gen of DX10 cards, aren't really "great". It may be the Performance leader, but where are you going to use the power anyways? Theres no game currently which a GTS 640MB cannot handle.

Crysis and UT3, the only 2 games Im looking forward to, are coming out at the end of the Year, and surely theyll bring even a 8800GTX/Ultra to its Knees. Ill upgrade to the next gen DX10 Cards by 1Q 2008 anyways ;).

So, GTX = Waste. :). Hope you get my flow.

if GTX is waste then your watercooling setup is such a huge waste for a few MGHZ :p

well said RIO...

Congrats Adi, if I knew hw to do this I would love to try...How did u guys learn to do this....Hit and trial seems dangerous...

^^ Lol?

Its a matter of Passion buddy, I guess you don't understand that. You can Sit happy with your Stock cooler on your Opty @ 2.45 Ghz.

For me, every Mhz counts.

And I agree with RiO, its all the matter of Perspective, I was just giving my point of view. If thats a crime, then I apologise. Lol.

Back